UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

16 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Union City DB's are capable of pressing Peabody's WR's.... press the WR's and get a good rush on the QB.... 

This will be a good game... I may go myself if it is not too cold.

GC you got to remember this one thing.  56-14.  If they can cover them, my hats off to them.  I know the first game is out the window and it does not play a role in the this game, but if our guys are playing at a high level, UC can not cover us.  GC, you had a good game plan against us and since then, we have recovered.

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

I saw the tape and UC did not have an answer for Fairly's run game.  They scored at will with 2 or 3 touchdowns called back.  No discipline.  What makes UC think they can stop our running game?  If we get our passing game back Friday it will be lights out.  I believe UC will move the ball better but can they stop us? No is the answer.  Mckenzie had a balanced attack and moved the ball well against UC.  Our coaches are clever.  Wait and see what happens Friday!  Roll Tide!

If the Good Doctor would read all of my posts instead of being selective and taking only one post out of many, he would realize that I have already covered the Fairley running backs. As far as McKenzie is concerned, I hope you hang your hat on that performance by my Tornadoes and place all your marbles on having the same repeat performance. I could bring up the GC game where your guys laid down but I don't do that. To answer your question about stopping the Tide. They have a great running attack, but they have nothing compared to the speed and shiftiness of the Fairley running backs. Like you, I say wait until Friday and see what happens

2 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

If the Good Doctor would read all of my posts instead of being selective and taking only one post out of many, he would realize that I have already covered the Fairley running backs. As far as McKenzie is concerned, I hope you hang your hat on that performance by my Tornadoes and place all your marbles on having the same repeat performance. I could bring up the GC game where your guys laid down but I don't do that. To answer your question about stopping the Tide. They have a great running attack, but they have nothing compared to the speed and shiftiness of the Fairley running backs. Like you, I say wait until Friday and see what happens

I can respect that.  Our backs are Strong and we have shifty backs also.  Just wait and see. If you know Peabody football, you can see we do not hang our hats on your performance with Mckenzie.  But I did give it an eye test.  We played bad against GC but GC had a lot to do with our performance also.  From what I saw in yalls game with the Rebels was a team that could not stop them or Fairly.  But only time will tell.  Don't get your panties in a wad. LOL

8 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

GC you got to remember this one thing.  56-14.  If they can cover them, my hats off to them.  I know the first game is out the window and it does not play a role in the this game, but if our guys are playing at a high level, UC can not cover us.  GC, you had a good game plan against us and since then, we have recovered.

I can't believe you brought up the 56-14 score and then tried to throw it aside like it doesn't matter. Well Good Doctor it does matter. It matters a great deal to those guys who were sidelined with injuries. Yep. We had several freshman on the field that night just trying to have a team to play. The Tide made it look easy. It was. We will be far more difficult to beat this time around. It seems to me that the rest of the Peabody posters, who have been on the T for years already know this. You need to heed their cautious behavior

8 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I can't believe you brought up the 56-14 score and then tried to throw it aside like it doesn't matter. Well Good Doctor it does matter. It matters a great deal to those guys who were sidelined with injuries. Yep. We had several freshman on the field that night just trying to have a team to play. The Tide made it look easy. It was. We will be far more difficult to beat this time around. It seems to me that the rest of the Peabody posters, who have been on the T for years already know this. You need to heed their cautious behavior

In the past 2 years Peabody has been very short handed while playing UC.   But we never made excuses about injuries.  We just suited up and played ball.  I hope these guys will make a difference.  We want to beat you at your best.  I know people in UC cause I have family there.  They tell me that those guys would have not made major difference on Defense.  Our defense is better than it was earlier on.  We have improved also.  You guys beat us 48 - 0 and 35-21 and when we put you guys out of the playoffs you guys got butt hurt and accused our guys of vandalism.  I love this rivalry.  It is all in good fun.  This is why the T, meaning CoachT has survived.  Roll Tide!

Edited by Golddoctor

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

That’s awfully bold. You guys can look at my previous posts in this thread, UC has as good of a shot to beat this Peabody team this Friday as any team has all year 

Honestly this game scares me. I feel like UC is ready to come out and hit us in the mouth. I can remember since after the first game their was a feeling like after every Halloween movie you knew Myers would come back, well UC is back fully loaded now. They have always been Peabody’s kryptonite.... they years where we have won with a healthy UC team isn’t like we have dominated them. If we come out like we did Friday we won’t be playing the day after thanksgiving.... if we come out ready to defend and play assignment football I think we will squeak one out.... this game will not be a blow out 

23 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Honestly this game scares me. I feel like UC is ready to come out and hit us in the mouth. I can remember since after the first game their was a feeling like after every Halloween movie you knew Myers would come back, well UC is back fully loaded now. They have always been Peabody’s kryptonite.... they years where we have won with a healthy UC team isn’t like we have dominated them. If we come out like we did Friday we won’t be playing the day after thanksgiving.... if we come out ready to defend and play assignment football I think we will squeak one out.... this game will not be a blow out 

You guys give me the heebie-jeebies too. We are going to have to be almost perfect to pull out a close win. If we can have another week without fumbling and get a couple of stops I think we can make it to the fourth quarter and sneak away with a win. If the fumble bug shows up we will be playing basketball sooner rather than later. Our boys are playing good right now and I'm looking for that to continue.

8 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

You guys give me the heebie-jeebies too. We are going to have to be almost perfect to pull out a close win. If we can have another week without fumbling and get a couple of stops I think we can make it to the fourth quarter and sneak away with a win. If the fumble bug shows up we will be playing basketball sooner rather than later. Our boys are playing good right now and I'm looking for that to continue.

I dont wanna hear that 4th quarter mess!!!!! So sick of yall and the 4 th quarter,I have decided we will play 3 quarters this week ,if we had  inacted this rule last year we woulda been 2/0 against you sorry purple twisty suckers !!!!! HaHaHa