UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

15 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

You guys give me the heebie-jeebies too. We are going to have to be almost perfect to pull out a close win. If we can have another week without fumbling and get a couple of stops I think we can make it to the fourth quarter and sneak away with a win. If the fumble bug shows up we will be playing basketball sooner rather than later. Our boys are playing good right now and I'm looking for that to continue.

If we don’t show up like last week in the first half y’all may return the favor from last game lol

In reference to a few post between Gold and Swo...

I agree with Swo that Fairley’s backs are more “electric” than what Peabody offers. On the the other hand, Peabody’s RB is a bruiser back with some good speed. Those guys down at Fairley were a different kind of player than what Peabody has - Swo will probably understand where I’m coming from on that as he saw them last week.

In reference to Gold’s post where he quoted me - it does appear that you all have picked things back up since the Gibson game, but I also saw on another thread where someone said the passing attack isn’t completely there right now...??? 

I’m pretty sure Union City will make a game of this. I will be disappointed if it is not a close game.

I’ll be back to give my good sportsmanship prediction on Friday morning...

Edited by GCPioneer

4 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

If the Good Doctor would read all of my posts instead of being selective and taking only one post out of many, he would realize that I have already covered the Fairley running backs. As far as McKenzie is concerned, I hope you hang your hat on that performance by my Tornadoes and place all your marbles on having the same repeat performance. I could bring up the GC game where your guys laid down but I don't do that. To answer your question about stopping the Tide. They have a great running attack, but they have nothing compared to the speed and shiftiness of the Fairley running backs. Like you, I say wait until Friday and see what happens

I think laid down is the wrong description.  No one quit playing. We made lots of mistakes and played out a bad game plan. 

I give the edge to Peabody in this game for one reason only... & it’s their defense. I think Peabody’s defense is a little bit better than UC’s. I’m saying that with the idea that both teams show up ready to play & are both firing on all cylinders. I think Peabody may get that one extra stop. Man oh man this should be a great game. Anytime Peabody & UC get together, it’s a physical football game. 

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I give the edge to Peabody in this game for one reason only... & it’s their defense. I think Peabody’s defense is a little bit better than UC’s. I’m saying that with the idea that both teams show up ready to play & are both firing on all cylinders. I think Peabody may get that one extra stop. Man oh man this should be a great game. Anytime Peabody & UC get together, it’s a physical football game. 

Yes it is !!!!

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yes it is !!!!

I do have to say I think our defense is leaps and bounds better than they were that game. Well since the start if the year really. So it is interesting what we might see Friday. If our offense gets things rolling we will be in business. As coach said earlier this year it’s important to score every time you get the chance because of the way UC controls the clock and ball. You don’t get many chances and they wear you down.

Edited by PHSRollTide