UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

We are not suppose to compare common opponents, but it is hard not to.  GC beat us.  UC beat GC.  WE whipped TCA both games but the second time was much more respectful cause TCA came to play. But still we put up 91 points in both games. UC struggled to beat TCA.  We ripped Mckenzie 55-7.  McKenzie beat UC with all their returning starters. We survived Adamsville 28 - 0.  But history tells me none of that matters.  With that said this game is hard to figure out. I think it will come down to the best prepared team.  And I am confident that will be Peabody. Our kids are always prepared.  If our kids do not win this game, it will not be for lack of preparation. Roll Tide!!

You are correct,its darn mear impossible to talk "talent" as a factor for us in this game,I have stated many years alot of GoldBalls where carried back to UC with not 1 superstar highschool baller !!! Sound SmashMouth ball and stellar coaching are hard to beat with your aforementioned preparation !!!! ROLL TIDE / BLACK AND GOLD WINS THE NIGHT !!!!

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

You are correct,its darn mear impossible to talk "talent" as a factor for us in this game,I have stated many years alot of GoldBalls where carried back to UC with not 1 superstar highschool baller !!! Sound SmashMouth ball and stellar coaching are hard to beat with your aforementioned preparation !!!! ROLL TIDE / BLACK AND GOLD WINS THE NIGHT !!!!

UC does not need superstars.  Their offense is for toughness.  But they have had some talent.  They have had guys in the past that could have played on the next level, much like Peabody.  If we can get back to our early form on offense and I think we will. Most teams are going to stack the box.  Only one team succeeded and that was GC.  Since then we have made good adjustments.  I am a firm believer in the pass but as we can see, adjustments can be made on the ground and in the attitude.  

16 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Yeah. It looked like one of those spoiled Milan playoff crowds.  We will pack it out Friday

I dont care what anyone says,it does ,repeat,does get at those young men when they see empty bleachers!!! We need to get our proverbial crap together and remember WE ARE PEABODY SHOW UP SHOW OUT !!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I dont care what anyone says,it does ,repeat,does get at those young men when they see empty bleachers!!! We need to get our proverbial crap together and remember WE ARE PEABODY SHOW UP SHOW OUT !!!!

It's not just Peabody. The UC faithful have been slim in the stands as well. I'm hoping we show up Friday night. 

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

Dude I noticed at Fairley,victim of our own success 

Well at Fairley our band was in Indianapolis for a huge competition. They performed on the Colts field. So, we had a lot of parents who went to that. Plus half of the cheerleaders are also band members so we had no cheerleaders either. But the shocking thing to me was the Fairley fan base. We had almost as many fans as they had. I was expecting the stands to be full on their side. No worries though, we will be there in force Friday night. Right now, it's looking like I may not be able to make it to the game myself this week. That sucks.