​​​​​​​Alcoa vs. AE ROUND 3

TwistedTornado16

It's been mentioned many times, but until Alcoa moves up, probably to the highest level, the only things entertaining about their games will be such "funny pictures" as above. No more CPA or Notre Dame, Elizabethton in 4A, Greeneville a bit too large for 3A, Pearl Cohn inconsistent, no consistent competition in 3A for them. 

That said, I don't think any individual school should be moved up by TSSAA action. 

1 hour ago, Indian said:

It's been mentioned many times, but until Alcoa moves up, probably to the highest level, the only things entertaining about their games will be such "funny pictures" as above. No more CPA or Notre Dame, Elizabethton in 4A, Greeneville a bit too large for 3A, Pearl Cohn inconsistent, no consistent competition in 3A for them. 

That said, I don't think any individual school should be moved up by TSSAA action. 

All kidding aside and Im not aiming this at you, if you remember last yr alot of "experts" had PC ranked ahead of Alcoa for most of the yr. From what my nashville friends were saying, PC was the 85 bears reincarnated. How loaded they were for the next 2 yrs, how alcoa was down in '17, etc. Alcoa has about 600 kids, PC/MLK have about 1500. They didnt even get out of the west bracket.  Alcoa already plays maryville every yr. If Alcoa played LSU an Vandy, folks would say we were dodging bama.lol

Alcoa still has to play well or no gold ball this yr. Lots of tough 3A out there

4 hours ago, Indian said:

I agree with your point, Indian.  Alcoa will likely move up to 4A in the next coupla years because enrollment is growing.  You play in the classification you're given.  If there is no parity in the competition thats not Alcoas fault.  They play up to other classifications often, as you know.  As a fan I would welcome better competition.  Putting Fulton, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and other powerhouse 4A teams on our region schedule would be great.  

Edited by TwistedTornado16
Added

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

All kidding aside and Im not aiming this at you, if you remember last yr alot of "experts" had PC ranked ahead of Alcoa for most of the yr. From what my nashville friends were saying, PC was the 85 bears reincarnated. How loaded they were for the next 2 yrs, how alcoa was down in '17, etc. Alcoa has about 600 kids, PC/MLK have about 1500. They didnt even get out of the west bracket.  Alcoa already plays maryville every yr. If Alcoa played LSU an Vandy, folks would say we were dodging bama.lol

Alcoa still has to play well or no gold ball this yr. Lots of tough 3A out there

:thumb: Well said!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

I agree with your point, Indian.  Alcoa will likely move up to 4A in the next coupla years because enrollment is growing.  You play in the classification you're given.  If there is no parity in the competition thats not Alcoas fault.  They play up to other classifications often, as you know.  As a fan I would welcome better competition.  Putting Fulton, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and other powerhouse 4A teams on our region schedule would be great.  

Both Greeneville and Betsy had the opportunity to be on the Tornado 2019 and 2020 schedule. Sounds like Ballard thought about it but declined the offer a little over a week ago. Betsy would have had to move their schedule around a bit to make it happen, but Witten evidentially didnt want it bad enough... Don’t see Fulton back on the schedule for a while, maybe never....

1 hour ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Fulton moved up to 5A when Alcoa announced they they where moving up to 4A 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

As a fan I would welcome better competition.  Putting Fulton, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and other powerhouse 4A teams on our region schedule would be great.  

Hmmmmm that’s interesting .., “Better Competition” hmmm

Edited by Turtle

44 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Hmmmmm that’s interesting .., “Better Competition” hmmm

Alcoa is stuck in a weak region.   They can't change that.  When they do compete against bigger programs they have traditionally been successful.  "Better competition" implying that they are in a traditionally weak region, not some conspiracy about Alcoas players secretely being bussed in from a nefarious football factory that builds genetically superior players specifically for the dominance of Alcoa in 3A.  

Edited by TwistedTornado16
Added