Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

1987, 2016 made it to the semi but never made it. Both teams that beat us won state

2 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

No, last year was the first time we've had a Mr Football as well. Hoping for a 2nd and a 1st! I think it was said earlier but I think this is only 3rd Semis appearance. 

Getting that taste of success can spoil you. Enjoy it while you can. Peabody I believe has made it to the semis 4-5 times & been to the state game twice & won it once most recently in 2014. Peabody has had a lot of success since 2012. They’ve went quarterfinals, 2nd round, state champs, semis, 2nd round, quarterfinals last year & now semis again since that 2012 year. That’s a pretty good string of playoff appearances. They’ve beat some tough teams too. Joe Gaddis did an exceptional job of getting that program on track after it was slowly going down. 

3 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Getting that taste of success can spoil you. Enjoy it while you can. Peabody I believe has made it to the semis 4-5 times & been to the state game twice & won it once most recently in 2014. Peabody has had a lot of success since 2012. They’ve went quarterfinals, 2nd round, state champs, semis, 2nd round, quarterfinals last year & now semis again since that 2012 year. That’s a pretty good string of playoff appearances. They’ve beat some tough teams too. Joe Gaddis did an exceptional job of getting that program on track after it was slowly going down. 

I hear ya. Waverly has come a long way. Weve had a lot of talent for many years. Our jr high team has had a lot of undefeated seasons but no one wanted to play for the high school. I think 08 was the first ever 0 win season, few years later we get McConnell and now the boys wanna play. 

10 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I hear ya. Waverly has come a long way. Weve had a lot of talent for many years. Our jr high team has had a lot of undefeated seasons but no one wanted to play for the high school. I think 08 was the first ever 0 win season, few years later we get McConnell and now the boys wanna play. 

I hope you guys continue to have a lot of success. It definitely makes those work weeks easier in the fall when you can peg Friday night as the highlight of the week lol

We played the state champion twice last year and got put out by state champion in the 3rd round

we played the state champion twice in 2016 Dresden 

we got put out by the state champion in 2015 In the semis  NCS 

we won state in 2014 and played the 1A state champion during regular season.