Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, Archiewho said:

Regardless of what happened in that scrimmage, it means very little.  First, it’s a scrimmage and it was also at the beginning of the season.  Second,  Waverly passes the eye test when you watch clips, and third they have competed with some good teams and beat most of them.  Think it will be a good game for sure.  If they can put 42 up on Huntingdon, they are pretty good

I agree with the scrimmage part. CA beat Wayne County in a scrimmage in 2016. If we had played in the playoffs they would’ve wiped the floor with us. 

Waverly struggled to score a lot on CA as we had a really good defense. I think Peabody’s defense is likely better than ours so Waverly is gonna have to fire on all cylinders all 48 minutes 

9 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I agree with the scrimmage part. CA beat Wayne County in a scrimmage in 2016. If we had played in the playoffs they would’ve wiped the floor with us. 

Waverly struggled to score a lot on CA as we had a really good defense. I think Peabody’s defense is likely better than ours so Waverly is gonna have to fire on all cylinders all 48 minutes 

Peabody will have to fire on all cylinders for 48 minutes as well. At this point in the season, there are no cake walks by any means. Waverly has a very high powered offense when they want to open it up. Peabody has a potent offense when they spread teams out & distribute the ball. Both teams can put up a lot of points which we have seen most of the season. Defensively, I think Peabody outmatches Waverly’s defense. Waverly has a lot of good skill guys but I don’t know if they have the big hog bodies to play with Peabody all 4 quarters. Like Vandy said earlier, sometimes size doesn’t account for much, but when that size comes with speed, it’s a little different story. I think this game is decided by no more than 1 score. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody will have to fire on all cylinders for 48 minutes as well. At this point in the season, there are no cake walks by any means. Waverly has a very high powered offense when they want to open it up. Peabody has a potent offense when they spread teams out & distribute the ball. Both teams can put up a lot of points which we have seen most of the season. Defensively, I think Peabody outmatches Waverly’s defense. Waverly has a lot of good skill guys but I don’t know if they have the big hog bodies to play with Peabody all 4 quarters. Like Vandy said earlier, sometimes size doesn’t account for much, but when that size comes with speed, it’s a little different story. I think this game is decided by no more than 1 score. 

It all comes down to how good the line play will be. We’ve got some pretty stout young men on defense. 

9 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Peabody folks... who was the best team you faced this season and why? 

Don’t ask Tide21 or whatever all he will think is you’re a troll for asking this hahaha. The answer is GC but they aren’t that good. GCpioneer and if I do recall we scrimmaged y’all and took y’all to the woodshed so don’t act like we don’t stand a chance against a team that hasn’t been tested much. 

1 minute ago, Tigerstakeitall said:

Don’t ask Tide21 or whatever all he will think is you’re a troll for asking this hahaha. The answer is GC but they aren’t that good. GCpioneer and if I do recall we scrimmaged y’all and took y’all to the woodshed so don’t act like we don’t stand a chance against a team that hasn’t been tested much. 

Huntingdon played a much harder schedule that Cornersville and still lost to them

26 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

I’ll just say this. Peabody has seen ALOT of good football. Maybe not this year, but over the past multiple years they have seen great football. They know what it’s like to have a good team. When they say their team is legit I believe them. 

Yea and the Last 4 years we have seen and played alot of good football as well so what's the point 

7 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Yea and the Last 4 years we have seen and played alot of good football as well so what's the point 

Not near the level Peabody has seen and had. Sorry. Waverly had a really good team in 2016 that lost to a really good trez team. But Peabody has won gold, played in multiple semi finals already, and the toughest of all, has had to play some of the best 1A/2A football teams in recent memory from Union city and ncs 

Edited by BulldawgsRise