Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We aren’t going to feed trolls in this thread. You might as well go to room and play fortnite 

What even is that? Something you play? I asked a legitimate question and you can’t even answer the question bc like what a lot of this board has is Peabody SOS is in the 40’s haha, so don’t tell me to go fortnite. 

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

BDR,can I pick your brain ??? Now understanding Wavo is offensively a beast what did you find successful in slowing them down!!! I know they are gonna score undoubtedly but you guys at least plugged the flood gate a bit!!! How ?

The first half our defense looked good at times and then would fall apart. We would have them at 4th down and then they’d run a fake punt or just a regular play and convert because our boys would be completely off guard. In the second half our boys came out firing on defense. They claim they were going easy in the second half but in reality our defense just shut them down. #45 is very slippery. Our problem in the first half was putting a lot of attention on their receiver and not enough on 45. Even when we did put our attention on 45 though in the first half he would just break our tackles. Cant give up when trying to tackle someone like him. They did not pass a whole ton on us. I think the main key to us being successful against their offense in the second half was just  was heart and the will to win. If your defense doesn’t come out strong against them they will score. As for their defense, it is much improved since earlier in the year. But, a good offense will be able to score on them with relative ease. 

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Hey bud this is the big boys club !! I dont think Wavo claims you they have a professional "troll" already and Trollins actually funny !! But I digress so are you the Tiger you speak of??? I doubt you actually cheer for The Blue Tigers !! So am I to assume you truly "take it all"?? I bet I can guess what you take as well !!!!! If your real come go my tailgate ar Walter Kilzer, jusr platonic like though mmmkaayyyy !!!

Ouch! That’s a bold comment there. I don’t think I’ll be attending your tailgate, you have some sausage on your menu. How bout you come up to Wavo country and we share a few brews and talk about it after the game?

Edited by Tigerstakeitall

37 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Sorry if that was really scatter brained 

Wasnt scatter  brained dude !!! Waverlys coach has totally changed the O and D ,I know its hard for some to believe but ball control is something they have been working on,the defense was so gassed from the Wavo quick strike offense by the 4th quarter they was getting gashed !!! I say this I think my Tide wins in a dog fight but if Wavo had changed style of play earlier I think only Huntinddung woulda beat em,in all honesty !!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Didn’t GC have a scrimmage with wavo?

Yes....... they aren’t beating you, no worries...

They’ll say they ran and threw all over us, which they did, but our D Coordinator was only a few weeks into the job. Also, our offense moved the ball on them as well, turnovers hurt us.

Edited by GCPioneer

Regardless of what happened in that scrimmage, it means very little.  First, it’s a scrimmage and it was also at the beginning of the season.  Second,  Waverly passes the eye test when you watch clips, and third they have competed with some good teams and beat most of them.  Think it will be a good game for sure.  If they can put 42 up on Huntingdon, they are pretty good