Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

3 hours ago, bglass said:

Not near as fast as Grandberry from Raleigh Egypt was. I think the key will be to get penetration and slow him down before he gets to line of scrimmage!!

Definitely think that will be the game plan. Make them pass the ball from what I have seen is something they are not comfortable doing . Keep #10 from getting outside on that jet motion. 

Edited by fanoffootball2013
  • Like 1

After watching the 1st drive of the Fairview Stratford game, a few observations.

1. Fairview is Big, slow, doesn't appear that good. Even look winded, out of shape & only first opening drive.

2. As I noticed, not a lot of speed. Covington backs way better.

3. Very few Statford fans made the short trip to Fairview

4. Fairview offense very basic, generic

5. Covington offense way better, crossbucks, boots & traps, jets

6.Covington backs would of scored on one of those hemmed in runs Fairview had

7. Stratford kicking game is, well I'll just let you decipher, your call

8. Covington will score early

9. Block a punt or two in kicking game

10. Open receivers were evident in Straford secondary in addition to the pi

11. Covington Defense will shout em/Stratford down, just like they did Raliegh Egypt & Pearl Cohn last year

And that's only seeing one drive/Fairview on offense

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

After watching the 1st drive of the Fairview Stratford game, a few observations.

1. Fairview is Big, slow, doesn't appear that good. Even look winded, out of shape & only first opening drive.

11. Covington Defense will shout em/Stratford down, just like they did Raliegh Egypt & Pearl Cohn last year

All that out of 7 plays. Let's just say you are very mistaken on many of your points. 

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

Fairview scored on their first offensive series.  You should definitely step away from the keyboard.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Fairview scored on their first offensive series.  You should definitely step away from the keyboard.  

True. Now let's look. Started 1st possession near midfield, right? as result of atrocious kickoff or maybe your take an outstanding  kickoff, right? Had pass interference call on a throw it up pass, right? Saw 3 sweeps, back not enough speed on any to get to edge, right? Score on a quick slant basically, right? Remember started near midfield/near 50 yard line. And like you said scored on first drive, start of game, what like 35 yards of offense. And from glancing at the final score, it's pretty obvious they didn't do much rest of night. As said looked Big, slow, basic. They may have looked good to you on that drive but I think an open unbiased opinion would attest otherwise

Edited by wolfchase
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

True. Now let's look. Started 1st possession near midfield, right? as result of atrocious kickoff or maybe your take an outstanding  kickoff, right? Had pass interference call on a throw it up pass, right? Saw 3 sweeps, back not enough speed on any to get to edge, right? Score on a quick slant basically, right? Remember started near midfield/near 50 yard line. And like you said scored on first drive, start of game, what like 35 yards of offense. And from glancing at the final score, it's pretty obvious they didn't do much rest of night. As said looked Big, slow, basic. They may have looked good to you on that drive but I think an open unbiased opinion would attest otherwise

I like your reads wolfchase! Fairview looks week to me, too. Big and slow. How in the world did they get to the 3rd Rd? Nashville Metro ball must be week. How you think Covington gonna slow down that big back? 

Edited by Purplepeople

Ok, just watched rest of 1st qtr. Past my bedtime but it's a short week. Stratford looks like a 2-8 team to me. How did they beat Pearl Cohn? Will not be surprised at all to see Covngton beat em 55-0 like PC did in the regular season, the first time. As I ascertained/anticipated by the opening kickoff, kicking for Stratfford is back yard, evidenced/supported by that missed PAT to make it 7-6. Additionally if they give Covington that kinna kickoff field position, the score keeper will be plus +6ing real quick all night. This team is most certainly not a Blue Cross Blue Shield Bowl legit kinna team. They go for it on 4 and one on their own 20ish against Covington and it'll be running clock real quick. Prolly same result if even punt. And those weak swing passes to the trips side, Covington will be hitting em in the mouth for a loss and dey real close to being laterals at that(Covington will be recovering for possession). And this spread everybody out only to give to RB straight ahead with base blocking Covington gonna meet ball carrier at the mesh point, tackle for loss. Stratford looked to be sleep walking on defense when Fairview scored that first possession that was aided by poor kickoff(excellent field position) & pass interference, they come out lackadaisical like that in Covington it'll be 28-0 1st Qtr. If they think Covington is gonna be like Fairview they in for a treat. I didn't see much at all in Fairview that's why Stratford got a W despite all these issues.

Fairview's OL is Huge no doubt, however #1 wouldn't start at Covington, #40 wouldn't, 22 wouldn't 10, 3, 16 wouldn't and 2 wouldn't either. All 4 of Covington's backs are better than any of Fairview's, no doubt. Fairview's best back/runner would be at best the 5th best at Covington. Just real talk.

They can go ahead and print the tickets for 3A

I believe Upperman has a better chance of upsetting Alcoa than Stratford does beating Covington. jmo

They look 2-8 in every aspect to me. I may be wrong.

I have only watched the 1st Qtr as of now, but I think it's enough to suffice

49 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

...Past my bedtime but it's a short week. 

I believe Upperman has a better chance of upsetting Alcoa than Stratford does beating Covington. jmo

Wow! You must have already taken those sleepy time meds :lol:

You are right about them not traveling well though... I can remember a couple years ago when they were undefeated in the regular season, you still didn’t see a lot of support. I hope that changes this week, those kids deserve to feel like they’ve achieved something special. 

Covington fans, I hope your coaching staff don't have the same outlook as wolf. If they do we'll have the first football team with a losing record in championship game. Take it from me I know they might not look good on film, h### they might be lined up wrong at times. But some kind of way this team has caught fire at right time and finding ways to win. I wouldn't be surprised if a Stratford vs Alcoa game happen next Saturday!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Covington fans, I hope your coaching staff don't have the same outlook as wolf. If they do we'll have the first football team with a losing record in championship game. Take it from me I know they might not look good on film, h### they might be lined up wrong at times. But some kind of way this team has caught fire at right time and finding ways to win. I wouldn't be surprised if a Stratford vs Alcoa game happen next Thursday!!

Would the winner play on Thursday?