Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

Safe travels to everyone headed to the CreekBank, hopefully we can deliver and give everyone a good game, get here early tiger fans so you can see what hartsville is all about, bring umbrellas, ponchos, rain jackets, whatever you need to stay dry looks like it will rain at some point and for anyone that can’t make it, myself and Jerry “Cheese” Richmond will bring it to you live from 93.5 fm 1090 am and FunRadioTN app, pregame at 6:30 with kickoff set for 7. Go Jackets!

Game day! Semifinals! Big Dance or Basketball! Safe travels coming in. Make sure to bring the rain gear. 50% chance of the wet stuff at KO and up to 80% by the time game ends. 

I hope the Meigs Co RB is able to play being that he is a Sr and won’t ever get to experience this again. And in the event that TC wins, I’d rather be able to say that the tigers were at full strength and had no excuse.

I’m expecting a heck of a game and will be disappointed with anything else. I’m gonna go ahead call it, team with the fewest mistakes wins!

53 minutes ago, crow said:

Good luck tonight to both squads. Meigs is a region team for us, we've only met TC 3 time but in all three it was the semi's and the winner went in to get gold. Ton of respect for the jackets as well. Not making a prediction other than my early one. Gonna be a hard hitting game, both are physical. Wish I could be there. 

Thanks crow, if I can I'll try and keep score updated as I can.

2 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Game day! Semifinals! Big Dance or Basketball! Safe travels coming in. Make sure to bring the rain gear. 50% chance of the wet stuff at KO and up to 80% by the time game ends. 

I hope the Meigs Co RB is able to play being that he is a Sr and won’t ever get to experience this again. And in the event that TC wins, I’d rather be able to say that the tigers were at full strength and had no excuse.

I’m expecting a heck of a game and will be disappointed with anything else. I’m gonna go ahead call it, team with the fewest mistakes wins!

Probably right about the mistakes bit. I think we match up pretty evenly across the board. Looking forward to kickoff to see if Trousdale lives up to the worldbeaters  this thread has churned them out to be.

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

TC, TC, the mighty TC.

They are ranked number one for a reason. Their offense is top notch. Imagine the numbers Meigs would have put up if their running back would not have missed 75 percent of the season. Meigs was hanging 40 on teams by half time. MC defense is just as stout allowing only 6 points a game on average and that  6.1average is because most of the scores from the other teams come in the fourth quarter against their third team while most ot those teams were still  playing thier starters. I dont think MC starters have given up maybe only one or two legit scores all year and that was helped out by a combination of bad calls, injuries, and some spectacular or rather miraculous plays by the other team.

I dont want to hear that East TN talk. These MC boys are not scared of TC or their tradition. They dont care about strength of schedule or The CreekBank or any of this other talk. They are on a mission to bring home Meigs County's first title.

All I can say is you all better hope Meigs running back is not ready to go because if he is I am telling you he is going to run over and away from TC

well, I think you’ve set up every excuse for tonight’s game in case it doesn’t go your way.

no one can possibly score on meigs county without it being everyone’s fault but your defense. it’ll be the fault of refs, injuries or by the miraculous intervention of  God Almighty.

and if your star running back who hasn’t played a down in over month doesn’t come out and have a career night, that will be an excuse too.

you've got a few hours. I’m sure you can come up with some more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

well, I think you’ve set up every excuse for tonight’s game in case it doesn’t go your way.

no one can possibly score on meigs county without it being everyone’s fault but your defense. it’ll be the fault of refs, injuries or by the miraculous intervention of  God Almighty.

and if your star running back who hasn’t played a down in over month doesn’t come out and have a career night, that will be an excuse too.

you've got a few hours. I’m sure you can come up with some more.

I hope the football is better than the grammar. 

Awfully defensive when the smack swaps ends. Seems Tiger2 struck a nerve....

Safes travels to the Meigs faithful this evening. Proud of our young men no matter the outcome. I hope Martin gets to play the best game of his life tonight. TC folks have no idea the trials this young man has faced in his life. This season has been plagued with injuries for him. I won’t say he’s the best but, he could make a big difference if he’s at a 100%. No prediction from me. I’ll be satisfied knowing Meigs gave their all no matter. 

19 minutes ago, TNfootballfan37 said:

I hope the football is better than the grammar. 

Awfully defensive when the smack swaps ends. Seems Tiger2 struck a nerve....

Safes travels to the Meigs faithful this evening. Proud of our young men no matter the outcome. I hope Martin gets to play the best game of his life tonight. TC folks have no idea the trials this young man has faced in his life. This season has been plagued with injuries for him. I won’t say he’s the best but, he could make a big difference if he’s at a 100%. No prediction from me. I’ll be satisfied knowing Meigs gave their all no matter. 

being preemptively mealy mouthed with excuses may pass for smack talk where you’re from, put it doesn’t pass muster where you’re playing tonight.

”excuses are the tools of the incompetent.”

-mike tomlin-

i sincerely hope the best for the martin kid as well.

one of the best athletes I ever played with broke his neck pre-season his senior year, football may have been one of the best things in his life both then and now. so I’d say you’re spot on when you say no one at trousdale can understand a young man going through tough trials in life. great insight, please share more

Edited by snoball5278

10 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

being preemptively mealy mouthed with excuses may pass for smack talk where you’re from, put it doesn’t pass muster where you’re playing tonight.

”excuses are the tools of the incompetent.”

-mike tomlin-

i sincerely hope the best for the martin kid as well.

one of the best athletes I ever played with broke his neck pre-season his senior year, football may have been one of the best things in his life both then and now. so I’d say you’re spot on when you say no one at trousdale can understand a young man going through tough trials in life. great insight, please share more

No I’m not making excuses, nor was I personally attacking your team. Unfortunately I don’t have the type of mindset you’d like to think I have. 

I was expressing my respect for Martin Smith as an athlete. His heart makes him who he is. If you think for one second my attitude and thinking matches your unrivaled negativity. You sir are very wrong. I’m quite the opposite. I’m not mad nor am I upset. My friend Yeti was right when he said earlier in the thread there’s no real discussion here. 

I’ll not respond to anything else here. I understand it’s a complete and total waste of time. Good luck to your team. 

Maybe sometime you will learn there are some classy folks in the world that have a positive attitude toward their team, as well as their  opponents. 

8 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

You should make the trip. Swafford and Smith are worth the price of admission alone. You dont want to miss your chance to see a Mr. Football finalist and the one of the best backs in the state on the field at the same time now do you.

We'll be sure to bow down to the finalists as they take the field for the last time