Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=1108844

http://images.pcmac.org/Uploads/TennesseeSBA/TennesseeSBA/Departments/DocumentsCategories/Documents/6204.pdf

i have attached both policies for some people who say I am wrong and are apparently too lazy to go look it up before they open their pie hole. The Alcoa policy includes a lot of language regarding children from divorced families where as custody may be split. But skip down to line 24 and that will take you to the important part. As everyone can see both systems allow students from outside their zones/districts as longs they get approval and pay tuition. Also provide their own transportation. This is the same policies most of the public systems in TN have. End of discussion. 

NOWORKANDALLLIES isn’t gonna like that BPM. Nice work bro! :thumb:

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=1108844

http://images.pcmac.org/Uploads/TennesseeSBA/TennesseeSBA/Departments/DocumentsCategories/Documents/6204.pdf

i have attached both policies for some people who say I am wrong and are apparently too lazy to go look it up before they open their pie hole. The Alcoa policy includes a lot of language regarding children from divorced families where as custody may be split. But skip down to line 24 and that will take you to the important part. As everyone can see both systems allow students from outside their zones/districts as longs they get approval and pay tuition. Also provide their own transportation. This is the same policies most of the public systems in TN have. End of discussion. 

You made that on a word document. Still wrong.

4 hours ago, Indian said:

“average 3A football” yet you and the rest seem to be satisfied with Alcoa staying around and playing with the “trash.” 

Alcoa has around 600 kids in the school, enrollment puts them in 3A. They play the best team in the highest classification every year. They search out other teams in 6A and travel long distances to play them. The argument that alcoa should play up is ridiculous and really comes of as sour grapes. Im not saying this about you personally but it really sounds like snowflakes and helicopter parents complaining that its not fair and everyone should get a participation trophy.  instead of appreciating someones hard work and achievements,  folks want to whime, make excuses and help thr folks that dont work as hard have everything that successful people have.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

They are a 3A school by TSSAA enrollment numbers.  They have 650 students and 84 football players, you mr. the worlds not fair thinks it's NOT fair because they win? I guess you don't really believe in "Hardworkandthetruth"  Part of Alcoa's success is Hardwork and playing the best teams possible. 

Then, when you do play in region ,you have played at a higher level, faster level. That's the hard work Alcoa's Players put in.  There are teams in all classifications, and levels that work hard to be the best and win.  But, you think they should be penalized for their success.? It is no different than Alabama in College. Should they have to play in the NFL?

I guess you believe all team needs a trophy?  My point to Indian is quite whining and start playing harder teams. You only get as good as your competition. A point you clearly missed. 

Thatll preach!

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa has around 600 kids in the school, enrollment puts them in 3A. They play the best team in the highest classification every year. They search out other teams in 6A and travel long distances to play them. The argument that alcoa should play up is ridiculous and really comes of as sour grapes. Im not saying this about you personally but it really sounds like snowflakes and helicopter parents complaining that its not fair and everyone should get a participation trophy.  instead of appreciating someones hard work and achievements,  folks want to whime, make excuses and help thr folks that dont work as hard have everything that successful people have.

Ok let's assume you have a son and he plays football,u have said you lived in Cookeville.  Why would you have not sent your son to Upperman?  Social status? Upperman football tradition not great but better than Cookeville, correct? Upperman better chance to advance deeper in playoffs in 3a vs 6 a. Ok now you move to Knoxville, you have a son who plays football,what school gives your son the best chance to win a state championship?  Anybody ? Ok I will give "Alcoa". Of course so you move to Alcoa to enroll your son.  See perception in Cookeville is Baxter is not worthy and good enough so we can't get those open enrollments.  Alcoa could win state championships not every year but regularly with local talent but Rankin has taken it to another level and it's everyear with people wanting to play there.  If I had a son and he played foot ball and I lived in Knoxville and I had the means to make it happen of course I would do it. It's just a loop hole in the system and people just address the issues ,good luck safe travels and Go Bees!