Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

This years Alcoa team is full of Sophomores. Wasn’t ready to pull the “best team ever” card until the end of season. The D has been playing lights out and still is. However, the offense seems to be out of sync the last couple of weeks. Still getting the job done. Just not scoring their average of 40 points per game. Got give the defenses some credit for that. :thumb:

From a guy close to the program, the 8th grade at UHS has the most talent yet for the program. 3 of the 4 best players are back next season. Coach was not present full time this past winter or spring. And with big statement wins and spotlights on the program, talent will find its way to Baxter. I think the Bees have a big chance to be even better in 2019. 

3 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Several no pass interfence calls. At least 3 times Alcoa was about to intercept the ball and UHS players had offensive PI clear as day. ( the right coaching move , PI is better than INT)

We definitely got away with offensive pass interference a few times. To have a chance to beat Alcoa in the 4th quarter shows how far our program has come in the last 7 years. Proud of both teams showing great sportsmanship and hopefully this becomes a post season rivalry for years to come.

3 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

From a guy close to the program, the 8th grade at UHS has the most talent yet for the program. 3 of the 4 best players are back next season. Coach was not present full time this past winter or spring. And with big statement wins and spotlights on the program, talent will find its way to Baxter. I think the Bees have a big chance to be even better in 2019. 

I'm not sure the 8th is the most talented yet. They do have some talent. But the current juniors and freshmen have more.  My questionable call of the night was the ineligible downfield on the QB scramble. Thought a pass had to be thrown for that. But I'm not 100% certain. Can somebody clarify that. 

8 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

From where I was sitting,  not a good view of the play, I thought the 2nd UHS player from the kicker touched it with his foot as the ball bounced before it went 10 yards. I think that was the call. It may not have, but with a bouncing football, 5 guys around it and real time speed, it would be difficult to not make that call

From my seat, looked like it was touched by outstretched hand of Alcoa's player and pushed fiward, then  kicked back into that said player by Upperman, bounced off him and then recovered by Upperman. You can see two refs with discuss two different version of what they seen. Head ref decided to keep the original call. One thing you never do, blow a whistle or make a call your not sure about. I think if the refs hadn't rushed in to point toward Alcoa, and discussed first, they would have gave it to Upperman. But at that point, no way they would reverse original call. That's football and it happens. Upperman had its chances. Little greedy at the end of first half instead of running the clock out. . Two incompletes and a short run gave the ball back to Alcoa in time for a gadget play score. That's was huge.  

10 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

I'm not sure the 8th is the most talented yet. They do have some talent. But the current juniors and freshmen have more.  My questionable call of the night was the ineligible downfield on the QB scramble. Thought a pass had to be thrown for that. But I'm not 100% certain. Can somebody clarify that. 

Yea I agree, thought u had to throw a foward pass to have illegal down field  called on them. The 8th grade talent was referring to the speed they have. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

52 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

We definitely got away with offensive pass interference a few times. To have a chance to beat Alcoa in the 4th quarter shows how far our program has come in the last 7 years. Proud of both teams showing great sportsmanship and hopefully this becomes a post season rivalry for years to come.

Yes sir. Baxter has alot to be proud of.  Enjoyed meeting you last night at Ralphs. Great guy. Hoping to get ti meet hatter, UC man, etc next year. 

On 11/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa ain't going to beat anybody by 35 points unless they get the Offensive play call back to where it was in the regular season. The play call was wide open......thats how they beat Maryville. The play call last couple of games woud not have come close to competing with Maryville.

......and continues. Passing has become a non threat. NOT because of #1. He had a great game! What's missing are the short passes and passes between the hashes. That leads to trying to run against a loaded box.....where did that balanced offense that scored 34 points on Maryville go?

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

......and continues. Passing has become a non threat. NOT because of #1. He had a great game! What's missing are the short passes and passes between the hashes. That leads to trying to run against a loaded box.....where did that balanced offense that scored 34 points on Maryville go?

Well said again.....:thumb:

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

What besides the onside kick were questionable calls?

I've heard lots of talk on here and Facebook, but no details.

I will give you a couple and happy for anyone to give me an explanation. 

Illegal man down the field on a run play.

2 illegal touching on the reciever stepping out of bounds but never touching the ball when came back in. 

Caught the ball at sticks hit immedialty drove back 4 yards ball spotted 4 yards behind the sticks. I could go on but will love to hear the first to explained