Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

1 hour ago, scots50 said:

Agree 100% BC. However, IMO our OL is not playing it’s best football right now. This issue started with the AE games late this season. Last night was another marginal performance. Excessive penetration and failure to maintain contact/blocks presented our backs with some unworkable situations. Speaking of backs, where was #2 in the first half? 

Of course, you have to give great rspect to the defensive scheme and the aggressiveness of Upperman’s D-Line and LB corps. They executed very well And gave our boys all they wanted. 

Bottom line: all good things begin and end with the quality of play from the front five. Our OL need to trash their early season press clippings, execute a  technique refresh, and find the early season success once enjoyed. 

Yes sir#!!!!# I've said it ever since that mag 7 billboard went up!! They have gone South from there. No time for that. If RR had of been coaching that o line we wouldn't be talking about this right now! Sorry just know he's the best o line coach AHS has ever had. Anybody want to challenge that?? Ask the 2009/2010 o line!!!!!

Just now, Hitthatquataback said:

Yes sir#!!!!# I've said it ever since that mag 7 billboard went up!! They have gone South from there. No time for that. If RR had of been coaching that o line we wouldn't be talking about this right now! Sorry just know he's the best o line coach AHS has ever had. Anybody want to challenge that?? Ask the 2009/2010 o line!!!!!

the 2010 group was the last of his group. The guy now just had started, but RRs coaching & discipline was still present, after that it's slowly went backward.these boys now can do it but your right 50, they need to burn the clippings sir.

2 hours ago, fball2010 said:

I hate blaming refs - if you’re good enough, bad calls won’t lose the game for you.  There’s been a  lot of speculation on the on-side kick, so here is the video footage so you can judge for yourself.  There are dozens of missed blocks, dropped passes, poor tackles and missed coverages that cause a team to lose a game.  This play didn’t lose the game for the Bees whether it was the right or wrong call - just wanted everyone to be able to see it for themselves since it’s the topic of so much conversation today  

On Side Kick

Looks like Alcoa's #19 got the ball after Alcoa got a hand on it then loses it Upperman player drives on it , but Alcoa's #19 had possession when the ref. standing right over the pile calls it Alcoa's ball. Alcoa's #19 gets up last with the ball still in his hand. Video does not show ball, I remember him get up and you could see him with the ball from the visitor sideline. Opposite from camera.

1 hour ago, Hitthatquataback said:

the 2010 group was the last of his group. The guy now just had started, but RRs coaching & discipline was still present, after that it's slowly went backward.these boys now can do it but your right 50, they need to burn the clippings sir.

I was a big Rocky fan also. I still think the numbers where alittle stack against the line when they did not respect the quick short passes. Hard to block 7 or 8 with 5......

7 hours ago, Beeshane said:

I will go ahead and put his one to bed for you....

1. Know your signals.....the signal is for Illegal Participation.

2. What happened on this play, is during the play, a receiver went out of bounds on his own, and came back into the field of play to participate (block) this is against the rules. 

15 yard penalty, replay the down.

The same thing was called earlier in the came when a receiver went out of bounds on his own and came back in to try yo catch the pass, which was knocked down by an Alcoa defender.

Man you guys are dumb.

21 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

From a guy close to the program, the 8th grade at UHS has the most talent yet for the program. 3 of the 4 best players are back next season. Coach was not present full time this past winter or spring. And with big statement wins and spotlights on the program, talent will find its way to Baxter. I think the Bees have a big chance to be even better in 2019. 

It would t surprise me at all to see some of those big linemen and skill position players with speed to burn that Cookeville has, make their way over to Upperman.  Just an observation. 

11 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

It would t surprise me at all to see some of those big linemen and skill position players with speed to burn that Cookeville has, make their way over to Upperman.  Just an observation. 

Sounds like you need to talk to the AD & get Alcoa Middle school on your schedule also, they went undefeated again this season,& the little League program did the same. Also put Maryville Jr. High on that schedule that will pretty much give you a measurement of where your feeder program is. Not boasting here or being smart, just stating facts.