Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

3 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

From what I have read on this thread Alcoa fans think they are going to roll into Baxter and beat Upperman 75-18 again like they did 5 years ago. I just don't see that happening. They just may but I'm just stating that I don't see that happening.  It's ok for you all to be proud of what your boys have done this year but now I'm going to jump in to this. My question is what has this years mighty Alcoa team accomplished? A region title and they have earned the right to play in this semifinal game for a chance to go to the State Championship game next week just like the Upperman Bees have. All those rings and all those flags that fly at Alcoa's field with the years they have won State Championships mean nothing this year. Will they add a new ring or a new flag at the field this year time will tell in the next couple of weeks. Nobody knows for sure that's why they will play the game tomorrow night. I sure hope the boys on either side don't take this game lightly because only so many players get to experience ever getting this far. Good luck to both teams to stay injury free and play a strong competitive game.

Not a fan of either team but you asked what they did this year. Well, they beat the then number one team in the state, 6A powerhouse Maryville and has since been the number one team in the state ranked over great 4A, 5A and 6A teams. So I suppose there is that.

18 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Not a fan of either team but you asked what they did this year. Well, they beat the then number one team in the state, 6A powerhouse Maryville and has since been the number one team in the state ranked over great 4A, 5A and 6A teams. So I suppose there is that.

Ok so they beat Maryville that is a good win. I guess Alcoa will see the 2nd best team they have faced all year tomorrow night. Upperman would be ranked over great 4 A and 5A teams as well. Let's be honest Austin East was Alcoa's only other competition in their region and their cakewalk through the playoffs this year especially the teams they faced in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs aren't very much. I have to give it to them though, that Maryville game was a great win. Maryville's season ends tomorrow night in Murfreesboro. It sure would be nice to see Blount County not get one team in the State Championship games next week. Also, Bobcat fan do they give rings and banners for beating Maryville. I didn't think so. Also Upperman had 3 teams in their district ranked in the top 10 in 3A all year. Had to defeat one of them twice.

Edited by daddymacvols

17 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

And, I saw where Alcoa has outscored all of their class 3A opponents 435-14. 

I think they also mercy ruled evry team but 2 including a top 5 KY team. So thats not bad either.

2 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

Ok so they beat Maryville that is a good win. I guess Alcoa will see the 2nd best team they have faced all year tomorrow night. Upperman would be ranked over great 4 A and 5A teams as well. Let's be honest Austin East was Alcoa's only other competition in their region and their cakewalk through the playoffs this year especially the teams they faced in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs aren't very much. I have to give it to them though, that Maryville game was a great win. Maryville's season ends tomorrow night in Murfreesboro. It sure would be nice to see Blount County not get one team in the State Championship games next week.

So youre saying that upperman is better than Dobyns Bennett? Im interested in seeing how they compare to AE as well.