Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

First of all I’m not ‘smoking or snorting’ anything, although I would like to sometime, but I work for the government so I can’t. Second, I wasn’t even talking about Adams, I was talking about Stewart. Thirdly, when did I say either were ‘as fast ‘ as Summers was? Summers ran about a 4.5. Do you realize the difference in a 4.5 and a 4.57? We are talking tenths of seconds here. Good Lord, some of y’all are so touchy and dramatic on here. Maybe you are the one who needs to smoke a big fatty and relax? Ha ha.

Same goes for Stewart vs Summers in the 40!! You're high on something, or high on EVERYTHING!!! 

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

Night of Champions Spring Lift-a-Thon

Results here:  https://www.oakridgefootball.net/

The way I read it, Adams "The Hammer" was first in Bench, Squat, Clean and 2nd in LB per LB among the LB squad. What I am seeing across the entire team, he was 2nd overall in bench (1st had him by 10 LBS), 1st in squat by 45 lbs and 1st in clean by 40 Lbs.

Also see his little brother taking 2nd in the LB per LB under the linebacker group???? I thought he was a DB and Punter?

Also see the QB, Gibbons, cleaning up with some awards. Glad to see he added some mass. He is going to need it this season.

Questions, thinking out loud here

Should they play that manchild on offense as well?

Will we see any TE or traditional slot receiver type packages?

Will this offense shine under a new system designed for the new QB?

Does the younger Adams "Little Hurt" seriously play at the LB spot or will we see him more at CB?

Is the Kicker ready..Do we have a reliable kicker??

Who on earth going to punt if the younger Adams is playing on D?

Any scoop on WRs? I know Stewart has hands and speed....who else we have?

Adams needs to play offense and the kicking game last year was the worst I can remember at OR!

Good start to spring practice today, I think our lines will be better, I think we will be less big play and more short yardage gains on offense, using runs and short passes to keep moving the chains. Defense will be good up front with solid linebacker play, need new guys to step in the secondary. Main thing is to fill in the spots of Graham, Pendergrass, Booker and Mitchell on both sides of the ball.  

9 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Good start to spring practice today, I think our lines will be better, I think we will be less big play and more short yardage gains on offense, using runs and short passes to keep moving the chains. Defense will be good up front with solid linebacker play, need new guys to step in the secondary. Main thing is to fill in the spots of Graham, Pendergrass, Booker and Mitchell on both sides of the ball.  

From what I've seen in recent JV/Freshmen games, there's nothing like those four guys coming up, so brace yourselves for a few lean years. You're right about no big plays because there's no speed and no breakaway threats (nobody can go the distance unless we're inside the opponent's ten yard line.

58 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I went by practice yesterday.  Does anybody know why were we practicing down on the freshman field in the goose poop?  The practice field has been resodded, mowed and painted.  It looks the best I've ever seen it.  Why are we not using the practice field?  

My theory is that having them practice in goose poop will toughen them up mentally. As far as the normal practice field is concerned, one of us is blind and it isn't me. I walked the track over the weekend and there's a huge dirt spot down around the five yard line and then there are a few other smaller dirt spots and a long dirt strip that goes almost the length of the field. It looks better than last year but it still looks like crap to me. As for why we're practicing on the other field, maybe they like goose poop.