Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

19 hours ago, catswild said:

Hey Elite...it appears that for some crazy reason the OR coaching staff was allowed to coach Central in their scrimmage last night against Maryville. I say that because I read on Five Star Preps where Maryville beat them 34-0 in the first half while the starters were in. Also read that Maryville was 11/11 passing with around 250 yards. It had to the sorry OR staff making the same mistakes with the Central team...players out of position, poor secondary and linebacker play, etc.. It makes no sense why the OR coaches were allowed to coach Central, but nothing else makes any sense. There can't be two coaching staffs in Tennessee that bad...so the OR staff must have coached against Maryville in both of their last scrimmages.

Pretty funny. Clearly a depth issue...

15 hours ago, OR nole said:

Something about success does its own recruiting. When my kids were little, I was willing to move to Farragut (soccer) or Maryville (football) just for sports. They declined and wanted to stay in OR. Both had pretty good careers at OR, but no state titles. Just loved their town and their friends.

I don't blame anyone for legitimately moving into an area for sports or academics. Personal choice.

I'm glad yall stayed. I enjoyed watching your sons play.

47 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Freshman Jamboree starts at 9 am tomorrow at Powell.  I think the first 3 matchups are Powell vs Farr., OR vs Gibbs, then West vs Halls.  Looking forward to watching this years freshmen team.  They have a chance to be a special group if they stick together.  

Thanks orcat...I had no idea about this one. I can actually make this one.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Freshman Jamboree starts at 9 am tomorrow at Powell.  I think the first 3 matchups are Powell vs Farr., OR vs Gibbs, then West vs Halls.  Looking forward to watching this years freshmen team.  They have a chance to be a special group if they stick together.  

Do you know if a Freshmen plays tonight in the Jamboree at Neyland, if they are able to play tomorrow in the Freshmen Jamboree?  

On 8/13/2019 at 8:28 PM, Elitesports4 said:

You are right he does take plays off and I’ve gotten on to him about that! Isaiah Johnson is definitely our best receiver and cornerback agreed. Quez a big miss at slot is out for a while due to grades sadly! Romano has been dealing with a hamstring but will be back for harden valley! After watching Maryville dominate central I have to realize Maryville is just on another level. People have to step up and better play calling! Defense backs need to get switched out we lack a lot of speed that will get us down the line.. will judge more after hva. 

Agree with everything u said.We will know a lot more this time next week.Thanks for the info

25 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The new jumbotron/score board is up and looks good.Its lower to the ground than I expected but might look better that way.Does anybody know where I can find a Robertsville and Oak Ridge freshman/jv sch at?

www.oakridgefootball.net has a drop down window with the frosh and jv schedules. I have seen the RMS schedule somewhere but don't remember where right now. Old age has got me.

25 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The new jumbotron/score board is up and looks good.Its lower to the ground than I expected but might look better that way.Does anybody know where I can find a Robertsville and Oak Ridge freshman/jv sch at?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

www.oakridgefootball.net has a drop down window with the frosh and jv schedules. I have seen the RMS schedule somewhere but don't remember where right now. Old age has got me.

Word is that the RMS Rams are traveling to Lake Travis next week for an unexpected showdown! Should be interesting!