Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

23 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Barney this made me laugh. The Blount County school system, who is supposedly worried about classroom needs, just voted in new field houses at both high schools . Wonder who can get a piggyback ride off of that?

Image result for tee hee gif

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/blount-county-board-of-education-approves-million-for-new-football/article_7aefce2c-42ec-59af-8ee3-80a602688f42.html

They found some extra money The County Head Man hadn't funnelled to another department to pay Paul who robbed Peter.

34 minutes ago, catswild said:

Was she a good football player? If she had been, she would've gotten back in, I promise you. If you come to Oak Ridge and live in Knox County, it's over $7000

Softball Player.  Sounds like you need to talk to your school board if they are charging over $7,000 to attend Oak Ridge city schools (I know it's a great education but not $7000 better a year).  A lot of people don't move to Oak Ridge because how high the city taxes are and would rather live in Hardin Valley or Karn's and commute to work in Oak Ridge

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Softball Player.  Sounds like you need to talk to your school board if they are charging over $7,000 to attend Oak Ridge city schools (I know it's a great education but not $7000 better a year).  A lot of people don't move to Oak Ridge because how high the city taxes are and would rather live in Hardin Valley or Karn's and commute to work in Oak Ridge

Pretty sure it's around $3500 if from Roane or Anderson County (since Oak Ridge is in both...but $7000 for all other counties. That's why NOBODY transfers to OR and lives somewhere else.

5 hours ago, catswild said:

Pretty sure it's around $3500 if from Roane or Anderson County (since Oak Ridge is in both...but $7000 for all other counties. That's why NOBODY transfers to OR and lives somewhere else.

You weren't to far off it's $3,760.00 if you're and Anderson County Resident and $4,067.00 if you're a Roane County Resident.  $7,447.00 for any other county and $12,732.00 a year if you are out of state student.  I always found it funny that "The Preserve" neighborhood is classified as Oak Ridge City limits even though it's in Roane County and closer to Roane County High School than Oak Ridge, not to mention you have to drive past houses zoned for Oliver Springs and Roane County High Schools from the preserve to get to Oak Ridge High School who only has county taxes.  Like Jerry Maguire said "Show me the money!"

On 8/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Elitesports4 said:

They have receivers the play calling is horrible! It’s been horrible for awhile! Isaiah Johnson and Stewart are good receivers! Johnson can be as good as Aj davis if used right! Agreed pass defense is horrible!!!!! Linebackers all need to be replaced! 15 needs to be replaced at corner for 22! It’s all bad! Worst oak ridge team seen in years! Need new coaches badly! Kendall jackson, Romano, Stewart, Preston, jaylen, And Johnson need the ball! 

Agree with u on the play calling.I really like I.Johnson and think he is our best WR and CB but J.Stewart has to go harder.He has the size but takes way to many plays off.Adams is best player on team so wouldn't replace him.Is Romono dealing with an ankle injury or what.Is I.Johnson lil bro playing?Our coaches minus the OC have proved they can coach so I don't want all new coaches but have been very disappointed with the lack of intensity and pride we show.Its on coaches to fix that.Things are never as bad as they seem so Im not giving up on this yr yet.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Agree with u on the play calling.I really like I.Johnson and think he is our best WR and CB but J.Stewart has to go harder.He has the size but takes way to many plays off.Adams is best player on team so wouldn't replace him.Is Romono dealing with an ankle injury or what.Is I.Johnson lil bro playing?Our coaches minus the OC have proved they can coach so I don't want all new coaches but have been very disappointed with the lack of intensity and pride we show.Its on coaches to fix that.Things are never as bad as they seem so Im not giving up on this yr yet.

You are right he does take plays off and I’ve gotten on to him about that! Isaiah Johnson is definitely our best receiver and cornerback agreed. Quez a big miss at slot is out for a while due to grades sadly! Romano has been dealing with a hamstring but will be back for harden valley! After watching Maryville dominate central I have to realize Maryville is just on another level. People have to step up and better play calling! Defense backs need to get switched out we lack a lot of speed that will get us down the line.. will judge more after hva. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your full of crap. It cost $2,200.00 tuition to send your kid out of area to Maryville City Schools so don't set on your high horse and repeat baloney that has been repeated over and over from sore losers over the years to help sooth your butt hurt. Alcoa tuition is $700.00 a year so go figure who gets all the players. Most families that send their kids to either one of these two schools is to escape going to the piss poor run county schools that are underfunded because the leaders of Blount County are just good ole boys taking care of themselves and letting the schools turn into outdated dumps. The game that was played between Maryville and Oak Ridge was a scrimmage and lots of kids got to play for both teams. Most of the 1st team action was over by half and a lot of players from both sides were going in and out by the middle of the second quarter.

IT's funny that they are supposed to use a lottery system but If you are a good athlete your lotto ticket ALWAYS gets pulled. Take off your Rebel flag colored glasses. The ones transferring to play football aren't transferring for academics. Simple truth is that High School football would be better if kids played where they lived. Nothing full of crap about that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DavidGlasgow said:

IT's funny that they are supposed to use a lottery system but If you are a good athlete your lotto ticket ALWAYS gets pulled. Take off your Rebel flag colored glasses. The ones transferring to play football aren't transferring for academics. Simple truth is that High School football would be better if kids played where they lived. Nothing full of crap about that.

You spout off about this lottery system, I could name you a list of kids that didn't win this opportunity to get into Maryville City Schools and had to stay put or go to Alcoa. To my knowledge there are only three kids on the 82 man football team that are from outside the zone but I will give you credit and say five to make you happy. Not many people are willing to fork over $2,200 to send kids to a public high school when they can go for free where their at. Let me fill you in on two situations that I know for sure. One started out in the Maryville system and ventured out eventually to one of the other schools and that team went on a close out of town trip for their first game and a bunch of players got stoned before getting on the bus and didn't know what world they were in and it was very obvious something was wrong but the coach played them anyway. The parents didn't want their kid around that kind of environment and transferred the following week. Another kid that is at Maryville's dad went to school there as a kid and still had strong ties but just happened to live in the county. This kid has beat a world of injuries and actually beat a lot of odds when he came here if he would ever play. A handful of people have moved from Knoxville over the years to escape the zoo they were caught in and we all know what I'm talking about. Most haters will dig and dig and dig but until you know why these situations happened it makes more sense to join the crowd and throw rocks. And by the way there are kids on the two county football programs that live in Maryville City Limits but I don't see Maryville people fussing about that..

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You spout off about this lottery system, I could name you a list of kids that didn't win this opportunity to get into Maryville City Schools and had to stay put or go to Alcoa. To my knowledge there are only three kids on the 82 man football team that are from outside the zone but I will give you credit and say five to make you happy. Not many people are willing to fork over $2,200 to send kids to a public high school when they can go for free where their at. Let me fill you in on two situations that I know for sure. One started out in the Maryville system and ventured out eventually to one of the other schools and that team went on a close out of town trip for their first game and a bunch of players got stoned before getting on the bus and didn't know what world they were in and it was very obvious something was wrong but the coach played them anyway. The parents didn't want their kid around that kind of environment and transferred the following week. Another kid that is at Maryville's dad went to school there as a kid and still had strong ties but just happened to live in the county. This kid has beat a world of injuries and actually beat a lot of odds when he came here if he would ever play. A handful of people have moved from Knoxville over the years to escape the zoo they were caught in and we all know what I'm talking about. Most haters will dig and dig and dig but until you know why these situations happened it makes more sense to join the crowd and throw rocks. And by the way there are kids on the two county football programs that live in Maryville City Limits but I don't see Maryville people fussing about that..

5 kids!! Really? Come on. You know better than that. Or maybe you don't but there are more than 5 players. The "Stoned Player"  story sounds like a story that has been told and has grown wildly out of control. There might've been a "Handful" that have moved to Maryville city school limits but there have been plenty that didn't move to Maryville and their kids played football. I know of 2 that in the last few years cause I work with the kids parents. I have had a couple of chances to meet the QB coach at Furman. I think he used to have some ties to Maryville football. He made statement that he constantly received emails from parents wanting to transfer their next greatest football player to Maryville. It happens year in and year out and it is ruining High School football. I also seriously doubt your statement of Maryville city kids playing at the 2 county schools.

1 minute ago, DavidGlasgow said:

5 kids!! Really? Come on. You know better than that. Or maybe you don't but there are more than 5 players. The "Stoned Player"  story sounds like a story that has been told and has grown wildly out of control. There might've been a "Handful" that have moved to Maryville city school limits but there have been plenty that didn't move to Maryville and their kids played football. I know of 2 that in the last few years cause I work with the kids parents. I have had a couple of chances to meet the QB coach at Furman. I think he used to have some ties to Maryville football. He made statement that he constantly received emails from parents wanting to transfer their next greatest football player to Maryville. It happens year in and year out and it is ruining High School football. I also seriously doubt your statement of Maryville city kids playing at the 2 county schools.

What number is your boy?

hqdefault.jpg

16 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

You are right he does take plays off and I’ve gotten on to him about that! Isaiah Johnson is definitely our best receiver and cornerback agreed. Quez a big miss at slot is out for a while due to grades sadly! Romano has been dealing with a hamstring but will be back for harden valley! After watching Maryville dominate central I have to realize Maryville is just on another level. People have to step up and better play calling! Defense backs need to get switched out we lack a lot of speed that will get us down the line.. will judge more after hva. 

Hey Elite...it appears that for some crazy reason the OR coaching staff was allowed to coach Central in their scrimmage last night against Maryville. I say that because I read on Five Star Preps where Maryville beat them 34-0 in the first half while the starters were in. Also read that Maryville was 11/11 passing with around 250 yards. It had to the sorry OR staff making the same mistakes with the Central team...players out of position, poor secondary and linebacker play, etc.. It makes no sense why the OR coaches were allowed to coach Central, but nothing else makes any sense. There can't be two coaching staffs in Tennessee that bad...so the OR staff must have coached against Maryville in both of their last scrimmages.

• Like 1