Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

Gaddis did a good job for the most part this yr with what he had.I still worry about our off season program.We need to be doing more and it showed to start the season.Oak Ridge has a chance for some really deep runs  for at least the next 4 yrs.If I am being real I wish Gaddis would step down and not because I think he is a bad coach but because the window to bring in Rossier could be closing.I just think with the young talent we will have it would be great time to bring in somebody like him who would run the program yr around the way we need.Plus with all the new upgrades at the ship we have to take advantage of this time and group.It could be what we need to get things rolling for a long time.Maybe Gaddis could stick around and be involved with Oak Ridge football or sports in some way.And again I don't dislike Gaddis or think he is a bad coach.Im very thankful for all he has done for Oak Ridge through the years.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

Gaddis did a good job for the most part this yr with what he had.I still worry about our off season program.We need to be doing more and it showed to start the season.Oak Ridge has a chance for some really deep runs  for at least the next 4 yrs.If I am being real I wish Gaddis would step down and not because I think he is a bad coach but because the window to bring in Rossier could be closing.I just think with the young talent we will have it would be great time to bring in somebody like him who would run the program yr around the way we need.Plus with all the new upgrades at the ship we have to take advantage of this time and group.It could be what we need to get things rolling for a long time.Maybe Gaddis could stick around and be involved with Oak Ridge football or sports in some way.And again I don't dislike Gaddis or think he is a bad coach.Im very thankful for all he has done for Oak Ridge through the years.

Not trying to bust you or the OR fan bases bubble, but Rosser is not leaving Central anytime soon. Like OR, we have been making facility upgrades and he has spearheaded all those with more soon to follow. He’s continuing to build our program and I don’t see him leaving Central for ANY High School job. Not to mention, I work for him so I feel like I’d know if he was about to leave. Plus at the end of the day, Central’s football tradition is just as equal as Oak Ridges. Just my opinion.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

Would be a dumb move on Rosser’s part to leave central for Oak Ridge. He’s got things rolling in Fountain City and plays a much easier regular season schedule with the region they are in. Why leave a place that you are competing each year for a state championship at?

45 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

Would be a dumb move on Rosser’s part to leave central for Oak Ridge. He’s got things rolling in Fountain City and plays a much easier regular season schedule with the region they are in. Why leave a place that you are competing each year for a state championship at?

Easy answer - $$$

KCS doesn't pay coaches very much on top of their regular salary. I would think a place like OR city could certainly put together a much more lucrative package, relatively speaking.

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Easy answer - $$$

KCS doesn't pay coaches very much on top of their regular salary. I would think a place like OR city could certainly put together a much more lucrative package, relatively speaking.

I heard a rumor from one of my buddies that has a son that plays for Webb and apparently they are already in talks with Rosser once their head coach calls it quits. A job like that makes more sense to me.

25 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

I heard a rumor from one of my buddies that has a son that plays for Webb and apparently they are already in talks with Rosser once their head coach calls it quits. A job like that makes more sense to me.

That would absolutely make more sense. I just think in this era, a young successful coach like Rosser won't stay at the same KCS school for long, especially when there are many other opportunities nearby that can pay a LOT more. 

• Like 1