Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, DragonFan12 said:

I heard a rumor from one of my buddies that has a son that plays for Webb and apparently they are already in talks with Rosser once their head coach calls it quits. A job like that makes more sense to me.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:Now this is all just getting funny. I’m trying to tell y’all hes NOT LEAVING CENTRAL. If a college job comes calling, very possible. But no other HS job around here. Trust me on this, I kinda know what I’m talking about.

Edited by chsbobcat09

10 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:Now this is all just getting funny. I’m trying to tell y’all hes NOT LEAVING CENTRAL. If a college job comes calling, very possible. But no other HS job around here. Trust me on this, I kinda know what I’m talking about.

Humor me for a minute, cat. I don't doubt that Rosser is happy at Central. That said, money is a pretty big motivator for a lot of folks. You're telling me that there is zero chance a coach like Rosser would leave Central, even if his salary could be doubled, or even tripled? 

I feel like we had this discussion earlier in the year...

Edited by osunut2

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Humor me for a minute, cat. I don't doubt that Rosser is happy at Central. That said, money is a pretty big motivator for a lot of folks. You're telling me that there is zero chance a coach like Rosser would leave Central, even if his salary could be doubled, or even tripled? 

I feel like we had this discussion earlier in the year...

Look I am in a position where I state facts when I post on here. In regards to what your asking me, of course he’d entertain the offer. Look due to my position on the staff, there are certain knowings that I can’t share information about on a Message board because if I did and Coach found out, I’d lose my job. Let’s just say he enjoys being here at Central for ALL reasons. I’ll let you think about what I’m saying and draw your own conclusions. Just trust me :thumb:

Final Stats for the 2019 Season from 5StarPrep.com:

I am going to start with a stat that surprised me in a good way...

INTERCEPTIONS

Preston Turner    3

Isaiah Johnson    3

Cole Adams        3

Jacob Berven      3

....for a secondary ( Cole is actually a LB ) that struggled at times that is a lot of players with three Interceptions. Maybe the DBs will be a strength next season.

RUSHING

Kendall Jackson   914 yards

RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS

Kendall Jackson   11

PASSING YARDS

Mitchell Gibbons  1811

PASSING TOUCHDOWNS

Mitchell Gibbons   24

RECEIVING YARDS

Isaiah Johnson    715

RECEIVING TOUCHDOWNS

Isaiah Johnson    8

Jonathan Stewart    7

TACKLES

Jacob Adams    126

TACKLES FOR A LOSS

Jacob Adams    16.5

Thank you for another season of Oak Ridge Wildcat football. RWR!

On 11/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

Not trying to bust you or the OR fan bases bubble, but Rosser is not leaving Central anytime soon. Like OR, we have been making facility upgrades and he has spearheaded all those with more soon to follow. He’s continuing to build our program and I don’t see him leaving Central for ANY High School job. Not to mention, I work for him so I feel like I’d know if he was about to leave. Plus at the end of the day, Central’s football tradition is just as equal as Oak Ridges. Just my opinion.

You said the same thing last time this come up.Oak Ridge is a better job all the way around.Unless Rossier has changed his mind since the summer I know he we come back.But it looks like we will never know because a lot of People on the Oak Ridge side think Gaddis will get to retire when he wants.I think the longer it goes the more comfortable Rossier will get and the harder it would be for him to leave.Rossier is a great man who is great to be around and Im not gonna say any more about it because its not right to him and don't matter right now.But good luck next week.

5 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

You said the same thing last time this come up.Oak Ridge is a better job all the way around.Unless Rossier has changed his mind since the summer I know he we come back.But it looks like we will never know because a lot of People on the Oak Ridge side think Gaddis will get to retire when he wants.I think the longer it goes the more comfortable Rossier will get and the harder it would be for him to leave.Rossier is a great man who is great to be around and Im not gonna say any more about it because its not right to him and don't matter right now.But good luck next week.

The reason I said it last time and this time is because I actually speak to him daily unlike everyone else on this message board. When I tell people that I guess they think I’m joking but believe what you want. Btw, Enlighten me on how Oak Ridge is the better job “all the way around?” Last time OR won State was? Last time they made the semis was? Sorry but I’m taking any answers from stats from 40 years ago either. I’m sorry but right now, Central is the better job and he’s continuing to build our program. Wether we win state this year or not doesn’t matter, the process of continuing to build our program never ends. 

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

The reason I said it last time and this time is because I actually speak to him daily unlike everyone else on this message board. When I tell people that I guess they think I’m joking but believe what you want. Btw, Enlighten me on how Oak Ridge is the better job “all the way around?” Last time OR won State was? Last time they made the semis was? Sorry but I’m taking any answers from stats from 40 years ago either. I’m sorry but right now, Central is the better job and he’s continuing to build our program. Wether we win state this year or not doesn’t matter, the process of continuing to build our program never ends. 

From a "right now" standpoint, Central is the better job no question. But my god, the benefits that a city school system like OR can offer are certainly better than any school in Knox County by a mile. And if we're talking about financial well-being, and that is something that is a big deal to most working folks (especially those with families), OR is probably the better gig long-term. 

I'm not trying to dog Central, which has always been one of the great programs in Knox County, but the setup at OR is better in a lot of ways. And this is coming from a Powell guy!

Outside of Eddie Courtney and Clark Duncan, anyone know who the longest tenured HC in Knox County is currently? Times have changed, especially in a place like Knox County where tenured coaches just don't make a ton of money. 

• Like 1