Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

The thing about high school kids that the computer cannot factor is how they will come out mentally. As we all should know, you never really know how a group of 15-18 years old kids are going to come out on Friday night. i.e. Peabody & Gibson County last year. Peabody was favored in a big stage homecoming game & they came out flat for whatever reason & (I’m just being brutally honest) got outplayed & dominated up front most of the night. There are other examples across the board from last season but this one should really do it justice simply because we all saw how good Peabody was in the long run & how average GC was in the end. So with that being said, one team may have the big advantage athletically & coaching wise, but who is to say those 15-18 year old kids are going to come out like a well oiled machine week in & week out. It can be done but my experience with high school football shows that the majority of the time, there will be a week or two that those kids will put their team & fans into cardiac arrest because they didn’t come out laser focused. Just my two cents. I do love the cal preps predictor. It makes for good discussion on these forums. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

5 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

The thing about high school kids that the computer cannot factor is how they will come out mentally. As we all should know, you never really know how a group of 15-18 years old kids are going to come out on Friday night. i.e. Peabody & Gibson County last year. Peabody was favored in a big stage homecoming game & they came out flat for whatever reason & (I’m just being brutally honest) got outplayed & dominated up front most of the night. There are other examples across the board from last season but this one should really do it justice simply because we all saw how good Peabody was in the long run & how average GC was in the end. So with that being said, one team may have the big advantage athletically & coaching wise, but who is to say those 15-18 year old kids are going to come out like a well oiled machine week in & week out. It can be done but my experience with high school football shows that the majority of the time, there will be a week or two that those kids will put their team & fans into cardiac arrest because they didn’t come out laser focused. Just my two cents. I do love the cal preps predictor. It makes for good discussion on these forums. 

Not to mention it doesn't factor in teams that put on the brakes. I can tell ya if we ever scored 50 on a team most of if not all points after 35 pts were scored by underclassmen. So if a team runs up the score the computer will see it as your team is just that good. There is a difference.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Not to mention it doesn't factor in teams that put on the brakes. I can tell ya if we ever scored 50 on a team most of if not all points after 35 pts were scored by underclassmen. So if a team runs up the score the computer will see it as your team is just that good. There is a difference.

Not really from my understanding it takes in to account a lot of things besides how much you win by.  There were some waverly guys that signed up to post just for the semis last year. They said our defense wasn’t that good that our schedule was just easy. Well they found out our defense was the best they played all season. Point is I’m pretty sure the algorithm takes in to consideration how good your schedule is and it takes in to consideration the history between a team also.  Anyways they are pretty accurate after 3 or 4 games but now it’s weighing a lot on history, returning players and other factors. 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Not really from my understanding it takes in to account a lot of things besides how much you win by.  There were some waverly guys that signed up to post just for the semis last year. They said our defense wasn’t that good that our schedule was just easy. Well they found out our defense was the best they played all season. Point is I’m pretty sure the algorithm takes in to consideration how good your schedule is and it takes in to consideration the history between a team also.  Anyways they are pretty accurate after 3 or 4 games but now it’s weighing a lot on history, returning players and other factors. 

I agree with it being more accurate after 3 or 4 games. What I'm saying is, is that quite alot of teams we could have scored probably 4 more TDs easily on this past season, but we didnt which is great for underclassmen playing time. But it hurts your projection in that type of simulation.

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I like your post. And we had a game or two on our end where the other team came out way more hyped and possibly more excited to upset a ranked team.

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Peabodys starter played very few second halfs after Coop got his feet under him from the accident , our underclassmen are as scary as our Senior leadership !! But you are correct about that oo percent of the time in most games !!!

oo %? Typo?