Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

Peabody has the same team back this year. Last year there were variables leading to the Milan game. Baugus had not even practiced until that week of Milan. So that game to me is not a true comparison. Gibson co. Game. Heck they got caught with their pants down in that game. Heck Huntingdon gets caught with their pants down in the playoffs after going undefeated. I think It would be a great game this year if they faced but I would Have to believe Peabody would take it by 10. They can ground and pound along with Huntingdon and can put athlete you also. Just my opinion. Not shaking any bushes this time. 

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

So where does Peabody fit in for you since Whitwell beat cornersville who beat Huntingdon.

Imo last year it would be in this order

Peabody > Whitwell > Cornersville > Huntingdon. At least as far as last year that's how I have it. But we will never know.

The Milan argument is mute point !!!! Cooper on no practice and many small injuries !!! But the tide was very young last year and grew game by game!!! No one ran well against us therefore dont believe Stangs woulda done much offensively!!! Trenton in the last 2 games had a snapper that hadjt played and was 100 pounds less than the starter which hurts ya !!! But we will bever know about Tide and Stangs so its all coulda shoulda woulda !!!!

7 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Last year pretty sure Peabody would have won by probably 3 TDs. This year who knows haven't seen a down of football yet. Going to remedy some of that this Friday if weather is good.

The other opponent besides Mckenzie last year( both blowouts) was Waverly. Huntingdon beat Waverly 63-42. Huntingdon was up 35-14 at the half and put the brakes on. Peabody beat Waverly 35-21 and Waverly was up 14-7 at the half, in a game where there was a driving rain storm that took away Waverly’s strength. Their passing game. I don’t think it would have been 3 tds. 

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs 24-2 last 2 seasons losing only to state runner up. Tide struggled with Milan. Milan struggled with Huntingdon. Where are your better athletes, I dont see it. Coaching! We sure didn't get beat by a team like Gibson Co.

Baugus hadn’t touched a football in like 8 weeks till before the Milan game. We cramped up and blew a 2 touchdown lead and had 2 touchdowns called back soo you tell me. It was a sloppy game on Peabody’s part. 

It’s been fun for many posters to use Huntingdon as a punching bag because of the past two seasons losing to Cornersville. Also because of some the things some Huntingdon posters said. The real deal is Huntingdon has been really good. Made some good teams look mediocre. They have had two games to not play well. They have had athletes all over the field and this year those athletes are Seniors with something to prove.

14 hours ago, Waker said:

The other opponent besides Mckenzie last year( both blowouts) was Waverly. Huntingdon beat Waverly 63-42. Huntingdon was up 35-14 at the half and put the brakes on. Peabody beat Waverly 35-21 and Waverly was up 14-7 at the half, in a game where there was a driving rain storm that took away Waverly’s strength. Their passing game. I don’t think it would have been 3 tds. 

Waverly scored 2  touchdowns on offense. Waverly put up 42 points on your defense. They scored 14 points against on our defense. We also fumbled away a couple touchdowns because of weather.  They tried throwing the ball our defense was all over it.   Peabody’s defensive coordinator would shut Huntingdon’s middle school offense down.  We have 5 guys who are going to run the ball this year and 4 receivers I can think of two of them being 6’4. 

Edited by Tide21

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

It’s been fun for many posters to use Huntingdon as a punching bag because of the past two seasons losing to Cornersville. Also because of some the things some Huntingdon posters said. The real deal is Huntingdon has been really good. Made some good teams look mediocre. They have had two games to not play well. They have had athletes all over the field and this year those athletes are Seniors with something to prove.

You guys have been the most talented team in 1a for 2 years in a row possibly 3.  I hope you guys get it done this year. In my honest opinion I really think it has boiled down to the offense you guys run.  The offense needs to be less predictable.  The cornersville squad had it figured out and beat you guys with less talent 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You guys have been the most talented team in 1a for 2 years in a row possibly 3.  I hope you guys get it done this year. In my honest opinion I really think it has boiled down to the offense you guys run.  The offense needs to be less predictable.  The cornersville squad had it figured out and beat you guys with less talent 

Looks like our QB is under center this year. Two 220 lb. tailbacks and 4 speedy wings. I hate the shotgun. Much more deceptive operating under center.