West Tn Class A

Intense

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Well, I guess we just need to tell our girls and Dresden girls to move on to soccer and softball since Greenfield is already in the finals.  Appreciate the heads up!

I don’t think he meant that statement how you took that statement.  I can assure you, no one is taking anyone lightly (with the exception of Madison)  at this point in the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

I don’t think he meant that statement how you took that statement.  I can assure you, no one is taking anyone lightly (with the exception of Madison)  at this point in the season.

Thank you. I’m not making any posts about Greenfield. I was referring to GC hoping we could just make the finals with them, they seem to be in the finals since no one is giving Gleason a chance.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Dresden will be tough but if it happens TCA's posts could be a real problem for Greenfield. GC played lights out and still couldn't put them away. Their posts when they get the ball in the paint is just about automatic. Big problem TCA had last year against Greenfield was handling their press. But Dresden will be tough moving forward. If I was TCA I would look to the posts every possession and would even look to get Lee slashing in the paint to open up the outside. Dresden is only seven deep and going after Wynn down low would be my call early and often.

If I am Dresden I face guard Lee and pressure Howell to turn it over. If you stop Lee from getting double digits TCA loses. 

45 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

If I am Dresden I face guard Lee and pressure Howell to turn it over. If you stop Lee from getting double digits TCA loses. 

She probably got double digits last night but only had 2 in the first half when our girl faceguarded her. She started posting up and working the paint more and taking it to the rim more in the second half and scored some. Problem with TCA like another poster said is they don't go to the post enough because they score at will when they do or draw a foul. Going to be another war with TCA and Dresden. 

59 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you. I’m not making any posts about Greenfield. I was referring to GC hoping we could just make the finals with them, they seem to be in the finals since no one is giving Gleason a chance.

I don’t think anyone said GC would be there. Just said that TCA would be tough for greenfield in the semis if they get by Dresden.  Peabody and Gleason both are capable of giving GC a game.  But if GC plays like they did last night they will be tough for anyone to beat 

54 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you. I’m not making any posts about Greenfield. I was referring to GC hoping we could just make the finals with them, they seem to be in the finals. 

I didn't say we were in the finals we are taking it one game at a time. You guys are in the semis now. Madison will not beat you. I made a comment that you guys might get exposed in the post and didn't know if you guys had a strong post presence to defend these girls. I also said in the same post your talking about that they had major problems with your press last year. We had problems with their posts as well and got exposed. I am glad we are in opposite brackets with TCA.  I will assure you if they don't turn the ball over much they will be a handful for anyone. They still got to beat a good Dresden team so it is all preliminary now. Greenfield is still the defending champs and the team to beat

12 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I don’t think anyone said GC would be there. Just said that TCA would be tough for greenfield in the semis if they get by Dresden.  Peabody and Gleason both are capable of giving GC a game.  But if GC plays like they did last night they will be tough for anyone to beat 

Yeah we shot lights out especially from three and had maybe 5 or 6 TO's and we only won by 12. Just saying they are a pretty good offensive team and will be a tough out. Only negative GC had last night was they missed 7 or 8 FT's and that is very uncharacteristic of them. I think TCA personally needs to shorten their rotation a bit. Howell and Lee should play 3.5 quarters unless they got into foul trouble, IMO.

I am calling upset and saying Dresden beats TCA. Dresden has proven in the past that they can win do or die region games on the road. I think Dresden is mad about how their district tournament showing went and are hungry to keep their season going. Dresden plays a physical in your face defense and they will probably faceguard Lee. Tinley Winn will be a good test for TCA's posts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I am calling upset and saying Dresden beats TCA. Dresden has proven in the past that they can win do or die region games on the road. I think Dresden is mad about how their district tournament showing went and are hungry to keep their season going. Dresden plays a physical in your face defense and they will probably faceguard Lee. Tinley Winn will be a good test for TCA's posts

I am going with TCA in a close one. I think the depth factor will get Dresden in this one. I would love to see this game. Will be another war!!

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we shot lights out especially from three and had maybe 5 or 6 TO's and we only won by 12. Just saying they are a pretty good offensive team and will be a tough out. Only negative GC had last night was they missed 7 or 8 FT's and that is very uncharacteristic of them. I think TCA personally needs to shorten their rotation a bit. Howell and Lee should play 3.5 quarters unless they got into foul trouble, IMO.

Interesting stat from last night.......both teams were 16-29 from field!  Amazing how few shots were taken.  Lots of good defense.  GC hit 9 more free throws.  They were attacking the basket and were drawing fouls.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I am going with TCA in a close one. I think the depth factor will get Dresden in this one. I would love to see this game. Will be another war!!

I think it will be close no doubt. I know when they played Gleason, only seven players dressed out. I think they are back to 8 now because one of the girls had the flu.

20 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I think it will be close no doubt. I know when they played Gleason, only seven players dressed out. I think they are back to 8 now because one of the girls had the flu.

Only 7 will be dressing out. They only had 8 for 3 games all season. If Dresden stays out of foul trouble it is going to be a heck of a game.