West Tn Class A

Intense

13 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Congrats on a good fight Dresden. Cant kill these girls year round and expect them to be healthy at the end of the season. I'll bet 5 of the 7 we had playing are just glad it's over.  Maybe next year we will get more girls out but my bet is things wont change much. Pretty obvious to most around Dresden that something needs to change. Style or personnel. Just hoping the gold comes back to West TN. Go Greenfield, Trenton or Gibson Co!!!!!

You’ve got one of the best coaches in the area!    You don’t want them to play ball year round, but you want to compete with teams who play for championships.... the only way to do that is to work year round. Quit complaining...

58 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

You’ve got one of the best coaches in the area!    You don’t want them to play ball year round, but you want to compete with teams who play for championships.... the only way to do that is to work year round. Quit complaining...

I don't believe I said play ball year round. I said kill, there is a big difference. If we have one of the best coaches around why is there on 7-8 kids on the team. Want to trade coaches for a year? I'm just speaking from what I've seen and friends that have kids that play or previously played. If players don't have respect for the staff they won't play to their full potential. I don't have a horse in this race as my kids are no longer at Dresden just stating my opinion. Not complaining either cause I honestly don't care, just bored at work.  I will say this, my son played for Justin in middle school and to this day he would do anything in the world (legally I hope) that Justin asked him. Wonder how many previous girls players would do the same? 

32 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I don't believe I said play ball year round. I said kill, there is a big difference. If we have one of the best coaches around why is there on 7-8 kids on the team. Want to trade coaches for a year? I'm just speaking from what I've seen and friends that have kids that play or previously played. If players don't have respect for the staff they won't play to their full potential. I don't have a horse in this race as my kids are no longer at Dresden just stating my opinion. Not complaining either cause I honestly don't care, just bored at work.  I will say this, my son played for Justin in middle school and to this day he would do anything in the world (legally I hope) that Justin asked him. Wonder how many previous girls players would do the same? 

If you don't have kids who are willing to make the sacrifice to what it takes to win championships, then that's on the kids, not the coach. Just a few years ago, Dresden was playing in the state tournament... Now, you all want a coaching change. Maybe the community should get behind the program and push it forward instead of tearing it down.

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

If you don't have kids who are willing to make the sacrifice to what it takes to win championships, then that's on the kids, not the coach. Just a few years ago, Dresden was playing in the state tournament... Now, you all want a coaching change. Maybe the community should get behind the program and push it forward instead of tearing it down.

Basketball has emerged as a 365 day a year sport. If you are not playing somebody else is. There is that art of coaching to motivate kids to want to run through a brick wall for you. If you have kids who aren't willing to make the sacrifice to get better and do the extras then that is on the kid. If you have kids who are doing the extras and are working hard to get better and are making sacrifices to win championships and the coach is bringing them down, them that is on the coach. I listened to one of Nick Saban's press conferences and he talked about this generation of athlete and how it is totally different than it was 15 years ago on how to motivate these kids and how you talk to them.  I don't know nothing about the Dresden Coach other than he has been nice to me when I met him along with his dad and they have had a lot of success. Hopefully they will get healthy next year and have a better year.

25 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I wont argue that kids need to put in the work. But kids who bust their butts 365 days per year only to be beaten down by stuff will just give up or quit. What does Saban do so well? He breaks down the individual "it's all about me" kid and builds them back up as a team. He also has adapted his coaching to the kids he deals with now instead of doing the same thing for the last 25 years.  I'm not calling for a coaching change cause like I said earlier I really don't care. I'm not saying west doesn't know basketball but he needs to do better connecting with his team.  I'm done on this subject. I'm really a football guy anyway. Not that it's a good time to be a Dresden football fan. lol Go cross country!!!

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Congrats on a good fight Dresden. Cant kill these girls year round and expect them to be healthy at the end of the season. I'll bet 5 of the 7 we had playing are just glad it's over.  Maybe next year we will get more girls out but my bet is things wont change much. Pretty obvious to most around Dresden that something needs to change. Style or personnel. Just hoping the gold comes back to West TN. Go Greenfield, Trenton or Gibson Co!!!!!

GCPIONEER, don't even bother with the ysoangry clown.  He doesn't even live in Dresden, or the state of TN for that matter.  It is so obvious that he is angry and holds a grudge against DHS, DHS Girls Basketball, DHS Girls coaches and the Administration. Read all his post and you'll see his love affair with dogging them.  You would think a program that has gone to 5 straight Sub state games and 3 state Tournaments in that span is doing all right.  Not to mention the district championships, 20 game win seasons, players who have gone to play at the next level and the quality young women who go on to be productive members of society.  Dresden Lady Lions basketball is fine, injuries and sickness took a toll this year but it happens.  The middle school team had a good year this year and will add some depth to the program next year.  They have 9 - 8th graders and several should help.   They should field a team of 15 or so  next year.  Also, I was at the game last night and when the girls came out of the locker room, not one looked glad it was over.  So, I don't know where you're inside information comes from but I can imagine it is someone not with team or knows about the team.  I can tell you this, I did have a child that played for West.  He pushed her, he demanded excellence from her, he was hard on her and today she loves him for it.  She laughs about it alot now, but not at the time it was going on.  Some kids don't love discipline, being pushed, or even coached but even worse than that mine hated losing.  Gibson County will be in the BORo, no doubt..... good luck

3 hours ago, AllBall1 said:

GCPIONEER, don't even bother with the ysoangry clown.  He doesn't even live in Dresden, or the state of TN for that matter.  It is so obvious that he is angry and holds a grudge against DHS, DHS Girls Basketball, DHS Girls coaches and the Administration. Read all his post and you'll see his love affair with dogging them.  You would think a program that has gone to 5 straight Sub state games and 3 state Tournaments in that span is doing all right.  Not to mention the district championships, 20 game win seasons, players who have gone to play at the next level and the quality young women who go on to be productive members of society.  Dresden Lady Lions basketball is fine, injuries and sickness took a toll this year but it happens.  The middle school team had a good year this year and will add some depth to the program next year.  They have 9 - 8th graders and several should help.   They should field a team of 15 or so  next year.  Also, I was at the game last night and when the girls came out of the locker room, not one looked glad it was over.  So, I don't know where you're inside information comes from but I can imagine it is someone not with team or knows about the team.  I can tell you this, I did have a child that played for West.  He pushed her, he demanded excellence from her, he was hard on her and today she loves him for it.  She laughs about it alot now, but not at the time it was going on.  Some kids don't love discipline, being pushed, or even coached but even worse than that mine hated losing.  Gibson County will be in the BORo, no doubt..... good luck

Yea... I know Coach West is a good coach which is why I even responded. People get too comfortable and carried away with the coach bashing, it gets out of hand.... if these people want to be coaches, they should've taken the necessary steps in their careers to get there. But instead, they're on CoachT bashing the guy who is qualified and is a good coach.

Edited by GCPioneer

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Sorry, I like you sweatervest wearing folks also. Actually, you have just moved ahead of GC at this point. You folks have always been OK to deal with. lol

Haha!  If your girls team had two more players they would be lethal.  They will be a top 5 team in the state next year!

7 hours ago, ysoangry said:

My former player would suit up and do it all over again for Jonathan!  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

What happened to the Trevathan girl from Dresden? She was a solid ball player in middle school. Is she one of the ones that quit? I was shocked at how few of players Dresden had considering what they have had in middle school through the past few years!

Tore ACL twice if I am not mistaken. She was a beast in middle school and injuries shut her down.