Region 7-A

GCPioneer

14 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Tomorrow night predictions

Gibson County over Peabody by 8

Greenfield over TCA by 15

We will see who the real Miss Basketball is......

Both games will be interesting. Can TCA handle Greenfield's press? If so, it will be a tight one. Which team GC or Peabody is going to shoot better and have fewer TO's? I am not going to pick either. Just going to watch and see what happens. Will be two great games I am sure.

GC wins by 4 over Peabody.  I think Peabody will get to the rim and get shots they want.  They have a chance to win if they can hit those shots.  In the games I have seen them play, they have not hit those shots.  Had they, they would likely have 5 more wins on their record.

TCA upsets Greenfield by 2.  Post play and depth will be too much for Greenfield and TCA will get helped out by fouls being called in the backcourt on Greenfield's press (basing this on the way refs are calling games in the post season).  They will mount up and give TCA an even bigger advantage in the post and take pressure off of TCA's guards.

Good luck TCA and GC in the Boro!

8 minutes ago, BullShark said:

GC wins by 4 over Peabody.  I think Peabody will get to the rim and get shots they want.  They have a chance to win if they can hit those shots.  In the games I have seen them play, they have not hit those shots.  Had they, they would likely have 5 more wins on their record.

TCA upsets Greenfield by 2.  Post play and depth will be too much for Greenfield and TCA will get helped out by fouls being called in the backcourt on Greenfield's press (basing this on the way refs are calling games in the post season).  They will mount up and give TCA an even bigger advantage in the post and take pressure off of TCA's guards.

Be interesting to see if GC goes back to the 2-3 zone that cut them off last meeting. Don't know if you was there but GC was down 12-6 and went to the 2-3 zone and went on a 23-9 run and used it in second half almost exclusively. Peabody was in disarray much of the night. Will be interesting.

10 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Tomorrow night predictions

Gibson County over Peabody by 8

Greenfield over TCA by 15

We will see who the real Miss Basketball is......

Game Day!!! Hopefully, we'll come out hot and and focused. I heard last night from a Greenfield fan that Chloe from Greenfield might be out (game time decision) with an ankle or knee sprain?? Anyone know about this? I hope she's able to go. She's a class act and a great basketball player. If she's not able to go, Greenfield will have some trouble with TCA. Where's the Greenfield poster..maybe he can enlighten us. 

16 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Game Day!!! Hopefully, we'll come out hot and and focused. I heard last night from a Greenfield fan that Chloe from Greenfield might be out (game time decision) with an ankle or knee sprain?? Anyone know about this? I hope she's able to go. She's a class act and a great basketball player. If she's not able to go, Greenfield will have some trouble with TCA. Where's the Greenfield poster..maybe he can enlighten us. 

I would assume she would have to have a very, very serious injury not to play tonight.  She’s a competitor and I’m sure she will do everything she can do to play.  I hope she’s ok and is able to play.  Prayers for her from TCA.  If we are going to play the best we want to play them fully loaded.  Either way they will be a tough team to beat.  I still like our chances even if she plays and is healthy.

GC by 15 over Peabody.  Just don’t see Peabody being able to score against the next level defense GC has been playing the last few games.  And GC has handled the press pretty easily the first 2 games. 

Greenfield by 5 over TCA.  I think Greenfield has the best 2 players on the floor.  That’s my opinion.  But TCA has much more depth and size.  It comes down to Macey Lee vs Tess Darby I think.  Can either one get the other in foul trouble?  You know they will be going at each other all night 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

GC by 15 over Peabody.  Just don’t see Peabody being able to score against the next level defense GC has been playing the last few games.  And GC has handled the press pretty easily the first 2 games. 

Greenfield by 5 over TCA.  I think Greenfield has the best 2 players on the floor.  That’s my opinion.  But TCA has much more depth and size.  It comes down to Macey Lee vs Tess Darby I think.  Can either one get the other in foul trouble?  You know they will be going at each other all night 

Good post.  If I was a non TCA fan I would pick Greenfield as well.  Why not?  They are the defending state champs with their 2 best players back and a third who is on her way to becoming a great one.  TCA is much more talented than a lot of people realize.  Pagoaga is a beast in the post.  She can take a game over down low if she’s getting the ball.  Goehring and Hannaford are both excellent post players as well.  This game could go either way.  I think it depends on TCA handling the press.  If they handle it well, they will win.  TCA has handled the press really well all year with the exception of the first Peabody game when they got into deep foul trouble.  We now have the depth to sustain normal foul trouble.  If Lee gets going early it’s going to be a ballgame!  She finishes as well as anyone around West Tn!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BullShark said:

TCA over Greenfield is comical....Darby shuts down Lee and Howell turns the ball over a lot tonight under pressure. Posts won’t be a factor if they can’t get the ball. TCA couldnt handle Dresden without the refs help and Greenfield is a good 15 points over Dresden. 

I think GC and Peabody will go to the wire. Neutral floor will be a factor but GC takes the win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

TCA over Greenfield is comical....Darby shuts down Lee and Howell turns the ball over a lot tonight under pressure. Posts won’t be a factor if they can’t get the ball. TCA couldnt handle Dresden without the refs help and Greenfield is a good 15 points over Dresden. 

I think GC and Peabody will go to the wire. Neutral floor will be a factor but GC takes the win.

No, you’re the one that is comical!  Darby won’t shut down Lee.  I think TCA handled Dresden pretty well.  Bad calls both ways.  TCA would beat Dresden 10 out of 10 times.