Gibson County travels to Memphis Business Academy

SuperFan14A

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, SuperFan14A said:

Gibson County travels to Memphis to face MBAX. I think we can take care of business but it may be closer than people expect. GC by 14. 

Wasn't too far off on the call. MBAX fought hard. Hopefully, we'll get a good draw tomorrow. Good luck to all at the Boro, especially Gibson County!

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

GC is in a dogfight!  Up 6 at the half!  Thank goodness the threes are falling!

The girl KJ White was guarding number 4 had 30'something points in the first half against Hilcrest. If the big girl didn't get in foul trouble with charges it would have went to the wire. Very good team. Best Single A Memphis team I have seen in a while.

8 hours ago, BABABA said:

Watched a little of a game posted online. Didn’t look very good! Y’all will turn them over anytime you want! 

IDK what game you watched, but it definitely wasn’t the team we played tonight. Memphis Business did not turn the ball over much at all and handled our pressure pretty well. They would’ve given any team in our district a run for their money!

37 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

IDK what game you watched, but it definitely wasn’t the team we played tonight. Memphis Business did not turn the ball over much at all and handled our pressure pretty well. They would’ve given any team in our district a run for their money!

Very fortunate their big girl got in foul trouble. They were a handful!!!

8 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I agree... definitely one of the best Single A teams I’ve ever seen come out of Memphis. They had shooters, ball handlers, size, and good coaching believe it or not. That was a good win for Gibson and will hopefully get them going for a run at the state championship!

Thought they got the ball in the paint for more shots whether it be taking it to the rim or making good passes in the second half and it opened up. GC in the second half looked more like the team that beat TCA in the District Championship. Hats off to Memphis Business. They played their hearts out and was a good team.