Rankin ?

29 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ha. Don't talk like you are in the know......and not know Mickey has be retired for a couple of years. Classic! LOL!

I stand corrected. 

Five members:

Rochelle, Marsh, Bledsoe, Bledsoe, Cameron.....

Three have spoken out publicly. 

That would be a majority if my Maryville math is correct. 

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sounds to me like Bledsoe and a few others are just butt hurt over the success of the sports programs. I just don't see any reason for alarm over these two student athletes coming into Alcoa. The same thing is happening all over the nation at high schools. Sure, school is for education, but theres no reason you can't get a good education and play sports at the same time. But all the excitement is on the sports side. You can't attract 3,000-8,000 fans to watch a class take a test. These school boards are butt hurt because they see it as taking a back seat to the football team. The way they plan on fixing that is by destroying the sports teams. I believe there is a effort underway to take sports out of high school all together. Liberals hate anything that's fun or exciting.

If it is that big a deal in Blount County, send them to Greenback and we will welcome them with open arms.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OleMary said:

I stand corrected. 

Five members:

Rochelle, Marsh, Bledsoe, Bledsoe, Cameron.....

Three have spoken out publicly. 

That would be a majority if my Maryville math is correct. 

Oh NO! 5 members NOW!?

I bet they call for canceling the Football program and send the their best player to Maryville! :roflol::roflolk::roflol:

1 minute ago, Red Rebels said:

If Greenback took out of county kids, that would be a solution. Not all can move down US 411 or Morganton Road.

US_411.svg

If you can carry the rock, toss the pigskin, mule kick that oblong ball, pancake a defender, smash a QB, ball hawk passes in the secondary, or behead players from the middle of the defense, then come on to Greenback.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheGreenbackUniversity said:

If you can carry the rock, toss the pigskin, mule kick that oblong ball, pancake a defender, smash a QB, ball hawk passes in the secondary, or behead players from the middle of the defense, then come on to Greenback.

You're kinda new in these parts - TGBU. I'm not sure you're vetted with the pickup truck crowd down Morganton Road.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Barney you say “signs show the board is poed”. Remember it’s only 2 members. That’s not the whole board. As far as we know the other members could Ben perfectly happy with the way things are. People shouldn’t assume that the 2 outspoken board members are a reflection of the way the entire board feels. 

I thought Dr. Bell handled the meeting and the questions very intelligently, very respectfully, very professionally and his explanations  were very rational and logical. The school board member that was quoted as saying he "disagrees with that" regarding it was ok for good students to transfer in, was later quoted as saying "well who gives a rat's, ..before trailing off" and even admitted that the tuition students help raise academic scores, after he was complaining that they were not putting a priority on academics, did not sound professional, rational or logical in the least.

Several friends of mine that are not from Blount county read the article. Especially with the two board members having the same last name, almost all of them made the comment that this seemed personal not professional and had nothing to do with academic concerns or the best interest of the children.

A logical , inquisitive person can infer pretty quickly what the real issue  is.

Some folks can't handle competition.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1