District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

3 minutes ago, BasketballVol said:

This is true, they seem to always allow transfers to play. I am just wandering what story they can come up with to gain the hardship?? Everyone in the state knows this move was made for basketball reasons, and with her being a high profile transfer there will be a lot of eyes on this. I do not see how the state can justify making her eligible.

Transfers happen all the time for basketball reasons and I can’t remember one being ineligible because of but they say it is a by-law against it. This will draw attention. Hope when the dust settles she will be back at Bradley. 

5 minutes ago, Papabearette said:

That is why they gave rights to grandmother! Wonder if they gave rights to her sister at Bradley as well??

Didn’t you say you have to live there 12 months? Makes sense or it would happen all the time to get elgible. If the 12 months is correct, she will be setting unless they move I believe.

Edited by pioneer42

Well I am not going to comment anymore on this just hope merr can get something worked out. She was a  very big part of Bradley program and just hope she can play again next year. Hard for me to imagine she walked away from a chance to repeat for state championship and even as mvp! But the bearettes move forward ! Go bearettes 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So the poster above said you have to live 12 months to be elgible after custody is given up. If that is true sounds like she would have to move into another house zoned for Cleveland or in their bus route right? Don’t know by-laws of TSSAA but have heard that by laws states that transfers because of sports only is prohibited. I do know that this is not enforced.

She will probably get a hardship since switching legal guardians.

56 minutes ago, BasketballVol said:

She will not be eligible. She is transferring for basketball reasons, there is no other reason that they could possibly come up with. Even with the change of guardianship, It will not matter. If you change schools for athletic purposes you are ineligible. She will not suit up for Cleveland until next January.

Even if she is moving for basketball, they have to prove that. She changed guardianship and that will be submitted as the reason. Even if everyone knows it was for basketball, that wont matter. 

50 minutes ago, BasketballVol said:

This is true, they seem to always allow transfers to play. I am just wandering what story they can come up with to gain the hardship?? Everyone in the state knows this move was made for basketball reasons, and with her being a high profile transfer there will be a lot of eyes on this. I do not see how the state can justify making her eligible.

Also going to be hard to say it is for basketball reasons when she is the best player on a defending state championship team. Why would one leave that if not due to a hardship. 

• Upvote 1