MURPHY FAIR 2019

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

There are great rivalries across the state.  One that I've always wanted to attend is the Maryville vs Alcoa.   Looks like I may get to that one this year and check it off my list. 

Rockwood/Harriman i think is the oldest and it has gotten rowdy over the years you have Loudon/Lenoir city battle of the bridge its crazy at times.Yes Maryville/Alcoa.

The Alcoa/AE basketball one was the scariest i ever witnessed we left it got crazy there!!

40 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good rivalry yes. But not the best in TN. 

It’s big enough to have a book written about it.   I’ve seen many people in middle Tennessee point to this one as being the most heated rivalry in the state. I’m not sure two programs dislike each other more than these two places. LMBO

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It’s big enough to have a book written about it.   I’ve seen many people in middle Tennessee point to this one as being the most heated rivalry in the state. I’m not sure two programs dislike each other more than these two places. LMBO

That Hargis man from Marion County wrote that book himself that dont count.lol.

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Rockwood/Harriman i think is the oldest and it has gotten rowdy over the years you have Loudon/Lenoir city battle of the bridge its crazy at times.Yes Maryville/Alcoa.

The Alcoa/AE basketball one was the scariest i ever witnessed we left it got crazy there!!

I believe Rockwood/ Harriman is the longest running continuous rivalry.  Or something aIong those lines. I don't know how rowdy that one can be or could be.  I just know every year when that matchup comes around there is no one on the T to talk much about it if at all.  

Just now, Southtowner said:

I believe Rockwood/ Harriman is the longest running continuous rivalry.  Or something aIong those lines. I don't know how rowdy that one can be or could be.  I just know every year when that matchup comes around there is no one on the T to talk much about it if at all.  

They never had much of a following on here.Those folks in Roane county can get flat crazy tho.It doesnt help that both have fallen off the publics eye as state contenders like they used to be either.Those two have had some outstanding players come thru over the years.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good rivalry yes. But not the best in TN. 

I will go on a limb and say its the best in 1a/2a. It goes back to 1924.  Plus they are related which means they really get into it. The parade between the 2 was banned in the 70s by the state.  The only one with more silver and gold balls between them would be Maryville/Alcoa. 

1 minute ago, rlh said:

I will go on a limb and say its the best in 1a/2a. It goes back to 1924.  Plus they are related which means they really get into it. The parade between the 2 was banned in the 70s by the state.  The only one with more silver and gold balls between them would be Maryville/Alcoa. 

BA vs MBA on the private side would be a good rivalry with a lot of hardware. I will agree that it is the best in 1A/2A.