MURPHY FAIR 2019

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

There are great rivalries across the state.  One that I've always wanted to attend is the Maryville vs Alcoa.   Looks like I may get to that one this year and check it off my list. 

It's at Alcoa this year, so seating is limited. It will be full. There is plenty of standing room. It's a lot hotter since they cut all the trees to build the new school. 

6 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

It's at Alcoa this year, so seating is limited. It will be full. There is plenty of standing room. It's a lot hotter since they cut all the trees to build the new school. 

Thanks.   I don't mind standing at all especially after driving a ways.  Hopefully I can make it next year to the Skeeter as well as long as it's on Thursday night also. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

That Hargis man from Marion County wrote that book himself that dont count.lol.

People outside this area just don’t understand. Someone mentioned Rockwood and Harriman? That’s apples and oranges to SP and Marion. Again just an opinion, but I thought we were the longest consecutive rivalry in TN. Maybe we aren’t, but it sure is intense. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

People outside this area just don’t understand. Someone mentioned Rockwood and Harriman? That’s apples and oranges to SP and Marion. Again just an opinion, but I thought we were the longest consecutive rivalry in TN. Maybe we aren’t, but it sure is intense. 

I said R/H,didnt compare it just noted it and yes it is the longest consecutive rivalry.Waspi noted it a couple years ago.

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

http://murphyfair.com:8080/mfs/servlet/articlemfsviewer?1,1,Home,345

@Roy Dillard,  what is this mess? ^   That's the preseason 5A team, not the 6A team.  You and Murphy better pay attention to detail and quit playing with that old goat of yours. 

Yep he has been hitting the goat juice!Roys hero messed up.SMH!

33 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Guru's Top 5  Alphabetical Order:

1A
Cornersville
Greenback
Huntingdon
Lake County
South Pittsburg

2A
Fairley
Meigs County
Peabody
Trousdale County
Tyner Academy

I seen that Fairley returned 16 I believe, I do think they will be good again this year.