Sequatchie Valley Jamboree at Grundy

Indian

3 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Pp68 let me ask you a question. Are you the lone ranger this year? All the other kinfolk still hiding out? I garuntee we have had to move on and feud with them greenback fellars.  You fellars round the jailhouse have vanished.  You think im joking but im not. 

Lot of the ones that used to post dont have kids involved anymore and dont find it interesting. I just like seeing the GB feuding really lol

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Define a couple? You saying we only have 2 good years left?

I will just say what one sp alum told me. The uproar about the GB transfers is because this season is the pirates last best shot at a title. He said there's a 2 yr window but a dropoff after this season and a significant dropoff after next season. Also there will possibly be at least 3 coaches leaving after this season win or lose. Again... not my words but his and he is connected to the program. 

A few yrs ago I was told this junior class would possibly win 3 state titles. They were very good in middle school but I realize some kids wind up not playing and some don't develop like planned.  Still a very good bunch and a couple additions only made them better.

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I will just say what one sp alum told me. The uproar about the GB transfers is because this season is the pirates last best shot at a title. He said there's a 2 yr window but a dropoff after this season and a significant dropoff after next season. Also there will possibly be at least 3 coaches leaving after this season win or lose. Again... not my words but his and he is connected to the program. 

A few yrs ago I was told this junior class would possibly win 3 state titles. They were very good in middle school but I realize some kids wind up not playing and some don't develop like planned.  Still a very good bunch and a couple additions only made them better.

Intended or not this is how you stir the pot lol. Greenback should take notes lol. :popcorneater:

28 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

A couple of things about that scenario. 1. I understand a drop off, but SP will still compete at the 1A level most years. 2.  I don’t think 3 coaches will leave after this season for sure. That’s a lot of turnover if true.  2. Anyone that made that statement about 3 titles from watching the grasshoppers play isn’t thinking clearly. A lot can change from little league to middle school to high school. That is evident from last season when SP mercy ruled Marion but as the paper said last season the score was reversed when those kids were all middle school grasshoppers. I don’t put a lot of stock in little league and MS. 

41 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Wow!,This explains alot and ole helmet boy may be on to something!!

52 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Is Vic one of the 3 leaving?

Just now, GHSblackhelmet said:

Is Vic one of the 3 leaving?

Kills me to see a coach leave a school when the talent pool has a drop off. Not that that's what's happening here, but it makes me admire coaches like Tyners coach and Lewis County's coach. 

22 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

A couple of things about that scenario. 1. I understand a drop off, but SP will still compete at the 1A level most years. 2.  I don’t think 3 coaches will leave after this season for sure. That’s a lot of turnover if true.  2. Anyone that made that statement about 3 titles from watching the grasshoppers play isn’t thinking clearly. A lot can change from little league to middle school to high school. That is evident from last season when SP mercy ruled Marion but as the paper said last season the score was reversed when those kids were all middle school grasshoppers. I don’t put a lot of stock in little league and MS. 

There's a lot more detail about the 3 that I won't post on here. I can definitely see these 3 going. I dont put a lot of stock in the younguns but you usually kinda know who's gonna be a stud. 

54 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

The writing is on the wall now. I understand all this madness and obsession!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2