42 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

• Bledsoe County
    • Marion County
    • Polk County
    • Tellico Plains
    • Tyner Academy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

Didn't realize that 3 of the 5 coaches in Region 3 are in their 1st year(Bledsoe, Polk & Tellico). This makes Marion Co a "de facto" favorite!!

Rarely do you field 60 and be bad in 1 and 2A. Their coach said they had about that many on that 100 yards interview.

Edited by Imthayeti

Marion County will be much improved in my opinion and could be a threat to the Rams if they don't play a really solid game on September 20th.  Tyner skill players and speed should give them a good edge against the rest of the region.  Non-region games against Baylor and Alcoa will bring some $$ to the program and I hope no one gets hurt.  Howard, Brainerd, and Central should be good tests that the Rams should prevail in as I think at least Howard and Brainerd are solid-improving programs.

A lot to like with Tyner skill position players again this year with Ryals and Batiste forming a very potent combination for 2A football.  Kamden Edwards is tough at Fullback and a good stable of running backs and other receivers at Coach Turner's disposal-one particular new running back could really be a difference maker. 

Question marks on the offensive and defensive line that still need to be answered will determine how far this team will go.  A few injuries with the bigs or if they really are as bad as they looked against Trousdale in playoffs last year and Marion might beat us and we won't make it out of 2nd round.  If these young guys on the line jell together and all stay healthy - we may have a chance at a rematch with Trousdale and potentially the dream semi match up with Meigs.

Excited that football time has arrived and look forward to learning a little bit about the team at tonight's scrimmage with McMinn County.

Go Rams!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Marion County will be much improved in my opinion and could be a threat to the Rams if they don't play a really solid game on September 20th.  Tyner skill players and speed should give them a good edge against the rest of the region.  Non-region games against Baylor and Alcoa will bring some $$ to the program and I hope no one gets hurt.  Howard, Brainerd, and Central should be good tests that the Rams should prevail in as I think at least Howard and Brainerd are solid-improving programs.

A lot to like with Tyner skill position players again this year with Ryals and Batiste forming a very potent combination for 2A football.  Kamden Edwards is tough at Fullback and a good stable of running backs and other receivers at Coach Turner's disposal-one particular new running back could really be a difference maker. 

Question marks on the offensive and defensive line that still need to be answered will determine how far this team will go.  A few injuries with the bigs or if they really are as bad as they looked against Trousdale in playoffs last year and Marion might beat us and we won't make it out of 2nd round.  If these young guys on the line jell together and all stay healthy - we may have a chance at a rematch with Trousdale and potentially the dream semi match up with Meigs.

Excited that football time has arrived and look forward to learning a little bit about the team at tonight's scrimmage with McMinn County.

Go Rams!!!

Nice post

We will have a good team this year at Marion. Everyone will be very surprised how much better we are going to be. Tyner will be a hard game for us but we will have a much better chance this season. Football season is almost here. I can't wait for everyone to see what Coach Mathis has done with our team.

FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

On 8/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, TynerRamFan said:

Didn't realize that 3 of the 5 coaches in Region 3 are in their 1st year(Bledsoe, Polk & Tellico). This makes Marion Co a "de facto" favorite!!

Alright Region 3-2A fans, how are your scrimmages doing so far?? The "Rams" have had 2, with ok results. Our 3rd will be Friday against Notre Dame. I know y'all are reading.. start reporting!

5 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

According to Hargis(TFP):

1 Tyner

2 Marion

3 Bledsoe 

3 Polk

5 Tellico

I would take this for sure. We've just got to take it one game at a time. This year could be a springboard for the next few years for us. We should return 19 to 20 starters from the group that plays this season next year.