Meigs County Tigers 2019

Yeti

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

@Imthayeti,  where is a good place to eat in or around Decatur?  In case folks wanna come see Greenback @ Meigs County or any other game for that matter. 

Cafe or diner would be great.  Any place you'd refer?

Family Diner and La Hacienda are both right next to the school and very good. We got a subway, McDonalds, and Hardee’s near the school as well, but that’s about it. The Diner and Hacienda are Decatur's finest though

1 minute ago, BBG1 said:

Family Diner and La Hacienda are both right next to the school and very good. We got a subway, McDonalds, and Hardee’s near the school as well, but that’s about it. The Diner and Hacienda are Decatur's finest though

Thanks.  Looks as though they have a bbq place on the square?  Dixon BBQ.  

The Family Diner will suit us just fine.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

What does Meigs future look like after graduation this year I know this season hasn't started yet. I was just wondering how things look for you'll in the near future. Also, will you stay at 2A or move.

Meigs will still be a strong team. The backup QB this year is a good player and just a Soph. Starting RB this year will be back. Couple strong lineman will be back. We will know more after this year about our team for the future. I have heard the middle school has to solid football players. We will fall off some, but we are still going to be a good team. 

As for the classification, I think we stay 2A. Meigs just graduated one of its largest classes ever in 2019, so if we move up to 3A, it won’t be because we have gained kids.

• Like 1

Everything BBG1 said is true. From food to team. I had turned in when you sent the question. I prefer La Hacienda if you like Mexican. And as far as Meigs goes RTD, I dont think we will have a large falling off for another 3 years or so. I say then because I don't know how the current 8th graders will perform. I do believe after this year we will have some decent playoff runs. I believe the backup qb has alot of the skills our current qb has. Great running ability with good passing ability hes a Sophomore this year was part of an undefeated 8th grade football team if I'm not mistaken. We also picked up a rb from Bledsoe I hear is gonna be a stud he is suppose to be a freshman this year. We should have a really bright future the next few years. 

Edited by Imthayeti

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I prefer a diner as well.  Thanks.

If you don’t mind driving an extra ten minutes out of the way then Cottonport Marina is an option. They do burgers and pizzas and stuff like that. Good food and nice little spot on the river to eat. Also, there is usually a meal served by one of the school groups or sports teams in the cafeteria before games.  

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

If you don’t mind driving an extra ten minutes out of the way then Cottonport Marina is an option. They do burgers and pizzas and stuff like that. Good food and nice little spot on the river to eat. Also, there is usually a meal served by one of the school groups or sports teams in the cafeteria before games.  

Thanks Tiger, I've never been to the Marina myself, I'll also give it a try sometime.

17 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

You are correct,when i ride the Motorcycle down there thats were i eat.Good food.