Can Stewie win 6 and make the playoffs?

nrgrizzlies

I think the swing game could be at Station Camp who was 3-7 last season.  If Stewarts Creek can win that one, is there a good chance they go 6-4 or better and make the playoffs?  Obviously they will not beat Mt.Juliet and I have no idea why they keep scheduling that way.  They should be playing nearby Nolensville, also a newer school and just across the county line. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

I think the swing game could be at Station Camp who was 3-7 last season.  If Stewarts Creek can win that one, is there a good chance they go 6-4 or better and make the playoffs?  Obviously they will not beat Mt.Juliet and I have no idea why they keep scheduling that way.  They should be playing nearby Nolensville, also a newer school and just across the county line. 

I think their non region schedule is pretty manageable. The whole purpose of non region opponents is to get you ready for the playoffs. Playing teams like MJ and CR will do that. However, not really sold on hiring s coach who has a pretty anemic track record as a HC

47 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Why can’t they beat MJ? They played a couple of decent games last year and I thought they returned quite a bit from last years team? 

54 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

SC may be better than they were last year.  Definitely bigger and the QB has an arm.  

Stewarts Creek needs to just beat the teams in their region and with them being in the same region as Antioch, McGavock, LaVergne, and Overton they should be able to get 4 wins making them a possible 4-2 in the region and at least a 3rd place. Also, Overton is no longer on probation. 

4 hours ago, TheSpoon said:

Stewarts Creek needs to just beat the teams in their region and with them being in the same region as Antioch, McGavock, LaVergne, and Overton they should be able to get 4 wins making them a possible 4-2 in the region and at least a 3rd place. Also, Overton is no longer on probation. 

This says Overton and Antioch both got a 2 year ban from playoffs...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/11/01/overton-banned-2018-high-school-playoffs-after-post-game-fight-antioch/1846931002/

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 7:34 PM, nrgrizzlies said:

With Overton on double secret probatiom, could Stewie get in at 5-5?

I think it's possible... but there is no way they will beat MJ with what the Bears have back even without Grimes.  Just not a good first game of the year for SCHS.

I guess you don't mind SC scheduling tough teams so much now, do ya? Congrats to SC