Watertown Football 2019

Bms54

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Having more kids to pull a team from is a competitive advantage. It's not a knock on the program it's just a statistical fact. The growth explosion in middle TN is another reason TSSAA should realign every two years. 

I don’t think anyone is getting offended. We are just simply stating the kids that are producing at H2O are for the most part All Homegrown ( I went to school with their mom’s and dad’s) or at least been here since Junior High. ( FYI this is before rezoning ) 

I really can’t stress how important I think starting a junior pro team in H2O has been on the progression of our teams. If I am not mistaken last years seniors were some of the first pee wee’rs that started in the league.

Those coaches and parents who had the initiative to start that league and support their kids all the way up through the ranks should be commended. The fruits of their labors are being seen every Friday night now!

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Not making excuses...it's just facts.

Overall, the series has actually been even throughout the entire history. That is, until the new school was built. It's just the truth. The last few years, we have been completely outmanned and beaten and sometimes embarrassed. It is what it is.

It's completely possible too that rarely will we compete. Not saying that's the case, but looking at the future talent...

Nah croz its an excuse, for years watertown has taken it under the chin from you all and now the tables have turned and you just don’t like it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grizzly478 said:

Nah croz its an excuse, for years watertown has taken it under the chin from you all and now the tables have turned and you just don’t like it

I'll admit I don't like it, but again, it is what it is. Like I said, we've been outmanned the past few years. Not an excuse, just a fact.

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I don’t think anyone is getting offended. We are just simply stating the kids that are producing at H2O are for the most part All Homegrown ( I went to school with their mom’s and dad’s) or at least been here since Junior High. ( FYI this is before rezoning ) 

I never used the word offended. Defensive is more accurate. Every time someone mentions the increased enrollment playing a part in Watertown's recent success the homers come back with, "it's not affecting the football team. We have good kids who have been here since kindergarten and great coaches."

This sounds exactly like CA last year or any other private school that recruited players and played vs the publics. "Yes, some schools recruit but we do it right. Our kids are homegrown." :lol: 

It's not WHS' fault; they are playing well within the TSSAA's own rules. 

18 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I really can’t stress how important I think starting a junior pro team in H2O has been on the progression of our teams. If I am not mistaken last years seniors were some of the first pee wee’rs that started in the league.

Those coaches and parents who had the initiative to start that league and support their kids all the way up through the ranks should be commended. The fruits of their labors are being seen every Friday night now!

H2O has gotten back into the pee wee football again this year. We agree on this it has been great for TC program as well it's like your getting a head start with a kid learning the game at a young age. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Salem said:

I never used the word offended. Defensive is more accurate. Every time someone mentions the increased enrollment playing a part in Watertown's recent success the homers come back with, "it's not affecting the football team. We have good kids who have been here since kindergarten and great coaches."

This sounds exactly like CA last year or any other private school that recruited players and played vs the publics. "Yes, some schools recruit but we do it right. Our kids are homegrown." :lol: 

It's not WHS' fault; they are playing well within the TSSAA's own rules. 

You win bud!!!