Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

9 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Ac doesn’t deserve the right to talk any trash toward Greeneville. We lost by 2 points to a very good powell team who should do very well this year. 

Ac better worry about Clinton because I promise you Powell is gonna leave no doubt against the cows

You will not get a wink of sleep tonight Devilman or BVD productions. I will almost guarantee win or lose the Mavs will at least get 21 point in any game. Right now we have Clinton to beat. But Great game to both teams. Little sloppy but was fun to watch Greeneville get there butt kicked. In all honesty both teams are about as even as you can get. Could of should have went either way. I will say the main deciding factor I seen was speed of Powell around those corners. Wow AC will need nip that speed in the bud. If AC proactive they can do it. Great game both teams!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Guess I'm a little surprised tonight but but Greeneville did lose a big senior class from last year and one of the best high school qb's I've ever saw. Good luck to Greeneville the rest of the way and safe trip back home this late at night.

Both teams played some great defense.   The Qb for Powell overall had better play tonight than Greg.  Youngblood is a beast, but I thought Greene didn’t utilize their other players as much as they could have. Greg seemed to do a little better in the second half and I felt like they could have thrown the ball a little more.  All in all a great game.  I hate it for the Greeneville players and coaching staff, but this is a huge monkey off of their backs now.  They’ll take it on the chin tonight and it may linger through the weekend some, but they’ll move on and get back to work on Monday, and I’m sure they next team up is going to pay for it.  Great win again for Powell.

Edited by Romansfive8

Great job powell... We must address line play quickly observing one particular linemen who never had a meaningful block and whiffed on blocks too many times to count... Many say Cade, Dorien, Cam was too much to lose from what was produced tonight I believe Logan, Tommy, Devin, and Trent are missed just as much if not more... We have the skill players line play is subpar at best. 

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Very good Close game that could have went either way at the end. Our kids needed this game to get better and find just where we are at. No reason that Greeneville wont be in Cookeville playing for another title this year. Just ask the 2011 team. 14-1 and another title

I agree 100%! Good luck and hopefully see you in Cookeville! 

Before the game I was thinking of the tough MW game a few years ago and if this season can go like that season  did,the Devils be be just fine.One word was on my mind from the start until late in the game for both teams.UGLY… Then at the end another word came to mind for both teams..HEART.I hate to lose but this was a great game for these teams to prepare for the rest of the season.As myself and BVD both said before the game,I'd take a one point win.Well,it didn't happen but I was very pleased with the fight of this Devil team.With a couple minutes to go ,I was extremely content nomatter what the outcome was going to be .It was a great play by the Powell db or the Devils were one pass and a field goal from the win.When you make as many stupid mistakes as both teams did and are still there at the end,you have got to be pleased.Both these teams have got to stay healthy to make a run and I wish Powell all the best going forward.You guys have got some great players and also know what a weight room is used for.

Long night at Powell last night got home around 1:30 this morning LoL. The Game was close to what I thought it would be a hard hitting Battle. Didn't expect so many penalties on both teams. And most were deserved. Honestly there probably should have been more. Both team's will have to clean that up moving forward to be able to have the success they desire. Powell had a very good defense. I expect big thing's from them this season and congratulations on the win. As for the Devil's good first game to see what they need to work on. Got to clean up the penalties. Must do a better job setting the edge on Defense. And the offense needs to get better at picking up the blitz and working together as a unit on the offensive line. And I think it would help using the middle of the field more in the passing game the strength of the passing game is the depth at WR. They need to spread people out more by using the middle of the field it was open all night last night across the middle. People know GHS wants to throw it outside all the time. And if gudger is going to get carries need to get him outside in space. Where he can use his quickness and speed. There is a lot of stuff they put on film they can learn from in this Game. They did do some good Thing's in the game as well the kicker looks good the receivers were getting open a lot of the time they just didn't have time to get it to them. The defense played better than I thought they would out of the 3 touchdown's Powell had 2 of them were on drives of 20 yards or less. So there are things to build on. The Devil's just need to get back to work and correct some of the things from this first game and they will be fine. That's my take on the game anyway for what ever that's worth. Once again congratulations to Powell. And as always GO BIG GREEN

Edited by Greendevil87

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

Before the game I was thinking of the tough MW game a few years ago and if this season can go like that season  did,the Devils be be just fine.One word was on my mind from the start until late in the game for both teams.UGLY… Then at the end another word came to mind for both teams..HEART.I hate to lose but this was a great game for these teams to prepare for the rest of the season.As myself and BVD both said before the game,I'd take a one point win.Well,it didn't happen but I was very pleased with the fight of this Devil team.With a couple minutes to go ,I was extremely content nomatter what the outcome was going to be .It was a great play by the Powell db or the Devils were one pass and a field goal from the win.When you make as many stupid mistakes as both teams did and are still there at the end,you have got to be pleased.Both these teams have got to stay healthy to make a run and I wish Powell all the best going forward.You guys have got some great players and also know what a weight room is used for.

Batman - everybody seems to be going with the "first game jitters" but I don't know.... if you are a championship team you just cannot play with that kind of undisciplined non-focus.   And I am talking about BOTH teams.    The 90%, teams who never make it in the playoffs, sure, I expect a bunch of first game mistakes.    But good night, how many procedure penalties did we see?    Too many to count?     When you hear this in the huddle...... "OK GUYS, THE SNAP IS ON 4"....   What part of that are they not getting !!!!     Why are they going on 3 ?????