Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

15 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Exactly lol trying to ruff our feathers but making himself look like an idiot. What more can we expect from a Db fan tho?

43-3 :roflol:

You should be more worried about that other DB coming up next Friday night. Would be a real shock for the best team in 4A to start out 0-2. Boone is very capable. But by the way, you seem to be very good at memory games and things from the past. What is the Greeneville won-loss record with Dobyns-Bennett in the past 50 years?

Anyone have the total number of penalties and penalty yardage? We left at the half because I had to be somewhere Friday AM and because that first half was just brutal to watch with the mistakes and penalties. No doubt Greeneville will get better as the season progresses, but they are a shell of what they were the last 2 seasons and it makes you appreciate just how great those teams were. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Anyone have the total number of penalties and penalty yardage? We left at the half because I had to be somewhere Friday AM and because that first half was just brutal to watch with the mistakes and penalties. No doubt Greeneville will get better as the season progresses, but they are a shell of what they were the last 2 seasons and it makes you appreciate just how great those teams were. 

Officially, Powell was flagged 13 times for 105 yards. Greeneville was flagged 14 times for 85 yards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You should be more worried about that other DB coming up next Friday night. Would be a real shock for the best team in 4A to start out 0-2. Boone is very capable. But by the way, you seem to be very good at memory games and things from the past. What is the Greeneville won-loss record with Dobyns-Bennett in the past 50 years?

Yeah the John Deere Green wagon train broke down on the trail in Powell Tennessee. I understand they did get to hear Rocky Top as a reminder. Lol

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Greeneville has been a different team the last Decade. Big question is why did Db Drop the champs?.......EXACTLY 

As far as Daniel Boone Greeneville will be fine. You guys act like we were held to 10 offensive points by Clinton......

Greeneville played a team that will be a title contender in 5a. Cant wait to see powell but a beating on the cows tho. 10 points on offense against Clinton smh 

• Thanks 1

Observations...

Its been a bit since Greeneville had a QB that came from outside their feeder system. Gregg will be alright. Most of these kids have played together since at least middle school. but...that line needed a serious wake-up call.  They have the size, speed and talent. Someone needs to step up and lead.  I don't think the coaching change has had a significant impact, Hammond was already a key member of the staff and continuity is a big part of the decision to entrust him with the legacy.  Them Devils will be bringing the pain very soon,

im glad to see mavsinflight is happy...that nourishes my soul. Check back with us next saturday mavs ole buddy.....in other news.....i guess it's time to start a new streak now that that black cloud is no longer over the kids heads...OR devilmans.....hehehe...sorry Dman, i couldnt resist. i'll be consuming just as much......well, maybe not....crow as you will over this loss

On 8/23/2019 at 9:19 AM, BatmanDevil said:

If I were a fan or player of another 4A team watching the Devils last night,I'd probably be thinking a few things.First would be that I'd just watched a  beatable Greeneville team start to grow up in the very first game of the season.second thing is these Devils are not going to quit.The third thing is they are tough as hail and playing against them will be an all out war...As a former Devil linebacker,I couldn't be more proud of how tough Youngblood is at that position.He showed that even more when he took that big hit and got up last night.Anybody can dish it out but it takes a man to get hit that hard and bounce back up.I like this team and think if they stay healthy and continue to grow,they will be a load come playoff time.

i didnt think i would ever see blood get trucked like that and i imagine i will never see it again....well, atleast while he's wearing Greene. Once he puts on that purple next year, all bets are off for a few day....l0l

20 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville has been a different team the last Decade. Big question is why did Db Drop the champs?.......EXACTLY 

As far as Daniel Boone Greeneville will be fine. You guys act like we were held to 10 offensive points by Clinton......

Greeneville played a team that will be a title contender in 5a. Cant wait to see powell but a beating on the cows tho. 10 points on offense against Clinton smh 

So you're dodging my question with a question ?