Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Milan looks (so far) exactly like a team with a 1'st year coach, playing in week one of the season... Peabody looks like they're in late season form... almost flawless execution on both sides of the ball. In my opinion, it's way too early to write off the 'Dawgs... they have a long way to go, but a long time to get this right... plenty of motivation after tonight too.

It may be early to pass judgement on Milan, but not Peabody... barring a catastrophic streak of bad luck, everybody in their way is in trouble.

Agreed. You could see Milan getting more comfortable in the second half. Yes, Peabody let off the gas, but Milan was playing better too. They don't have quite the size, speed and depth of years past, but they're still Milan.

Thought this game was more about how good Peabody is. Mega impressive - big lines, good execution, speed, depth, good technique, everything. Sometimes you can tell in game one that a team is going to Cookeville.

9 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Man, I had read the posts referring to this as a one-sided result, but Milan has fallen a long way to get beat like that. I hope for the sake of their fans that this is just an aberration, not an indicator of how their new coach is going to be.

But, I remember when my beloved Memphis Tigers hired Larry Porter as our head coach several years ago. We were embarrassed by Arky State like 195 - 7 (or something nearly as bad). Porter survived two years, and things never got any better.  He was finally fired and we hired Justin Fuente, who turned things around and got us going again.

Good luck to both teams going forward.  

Milan passes the eye test but definitely struggled in last nights game... I’ll be interested to see how they come back from this loss.

Peabody is a top notch 2a team. Baugis is very athletic and smart, great leader. Play calling was superb. They really sucked Milans defense up on that first TD. Great crowd shame it wasn't a better game. Great venue at Trenton. I dont understand why you built your home stands facing the sun though. As for Milan they played like they just got out of bed. Defense passes the looks test. They look athletic and fast. They ain't hit nobody yet. And the offense or should I say what offense was predictable. Tide defense just completely shut them down.

10 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Milan just look ill prepared. They’re going to be a good team that will just have to keep grinding away week after week to get better. Peabody looked stellar. You could tell they still had some early game stuff that needs to be cleaned up but overall they were impressive. The QB can be dominant. Any of the RBs are hard down hill runners that are always falling forward. WR is stacked. If #7 gets any kind of edge he is gone in the blink of an eye. TE is a solid athletic player. & on the OL they looked dang good. They were whipping Milan most of the night. Peabody reminds me a lot of Dresden’s championship team in 2016

That's a great compliment about Dresden cause they were loaded.  But I think this team is better than that Dresden team because of our DEFENSE.

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Saving it for you guys.  

I still struggle to believe that Gibson County was the last team to defeat Peabody in a football game.  This score was absolutely impressive.  Schools like "Milan, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, and White House" that were so dominant for so long do not have that "mental edge/mystique" over opponents like we used to see.  

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We had 1 assistant leave last year and the middle school coach retired. That is all. He is right with a lot of his comments but off base on that one. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't 2 go prior to last season? I think both to Henry Co. One was a coordinator I believe. I guess we COULD chalk those up to regime change.

OC from last season left for (?)

My point is they are not leaving for head coaching jobs or necessarily moving up, just moving.

Yes success gives assistant coaches opportunities to move up, but name the last coach to leave Peabody. See where I'm going here?

Maybe it's just MORE coaches this year, but I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces on that sideline. Or possibly I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

15 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I still struggle to believe that Gibson County was the last team to defeat Peabody in a football game.  This score was absolutely impressive.  Schools like "Milan, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, and White House" that were so dominant for so long do not have that "mental edge/mystique" over opponents like we used to see.  

When you are getting beat physically-the mental edge goes out the window.  Goodpasture recruits-Lipscomb recruits.  I dont ever remember White House being a powerhouse but I do remember they were good at one time.  Milan is still good.  They just played a better team last night

Edited by Golddoctor

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

When you are getting beat physically-the mental edge goes out the window.  Goodpasture recruits-Lipscomb recruits.  I dont ever remember White House being a powerhouse but I do remember they were good at one time.  Milan is still good.  They just played a better tea last night

That night GC was the better team-that's about all we can say.  We have an opportunity to play them again.  We have moved on as you can see.  Gold Ball...…………….

41 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Agreed. You could see Milan getting more comfortable in the second half. Yes, Peabody let off the gas, but Milan was playing better too. They don't have quite the size, speed and depth of years past, but they're still Milan.

Thought this game was more about how good Peabody is. Mega impressive - big lines, good execution, speed, depth, good technique, everything. Sometimes you can tell in game one that a team is going to Cookeville.

I have to disagree with some of what you said. Milan has everything but one thing they need to make a championship run.  Milan only starts 2 players both ways and pettigrew said they had 8 defensive lineman they rotated. 

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

last

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I have to disagree with some of what you said. Milan has everything but one thing they need to make a championship run.  Milan only starts 2 players both ways and pettigrew said they had 8 defensive lineman they rotated. 

And he also and I quote from another source that this was the most talented team in 30 years a Milan.  It will be hared for Milan to beat Alcoa.  Covington almost did twice.  With that said.  They have the bodies to get it done.

Let me give my opinion on athletes.  They are not always BLACK.  Milan's defense is almost completely made up of African Americans.  So does that make them more athletic than Trenton?  Milan's kids look the part because of their physical statue but by no means are they more athletic than Peabody.  We made them look slow last night.  Why?  because of how we went about preparing for this game.  Peabody was coached up last night and that makes for a quicker team.  It also takes guts, intelligence and heart to win and that is what Peabody has.  I am sure Milan has some intelligent players with guts and heart but last night it was all Trenton.  The score was not as bad as the game was.  We were very dominant.

• Upvote 2