Whitwell @ East Ridge Wed and @ Bledsoe on Sat

rlh

1 hour ago, My12thAcct said:

Yeah... I disagree. ER would win a state championship every year if we were 1A. This years team should go .500% if they keep playing well. Whitwell had a once in a generation class of kids leave the program after last season. That being said I still do not think they would have beaten a 3 win East Ridge if they played last year. 

The talent gap was too wide for Whitwell to compete. We had too much speed on defense and used our field position well. Whitwell had a decent punter but he did shank a couple that gave the pioneers the ball around the 50 yard line.

The East Ridge players were fired up for this one especially. Whitwell has a lot of our coaches that were on the undefeated regular season team a few years back. I think our kids wanted to prove something... and to me they did.

SP would mercy rule ER

• Like 1

Yeah... I disagree. ER would win a state championship every year if we were 1A. This years team should go .500% if they keep playing well. Whitwell had a once in a generation class of kids leave the program after last season. That being said I still do not think they would have beaten a 3 win East Ridge if they played last year. 

The talent gap was too wide for Whitwell to compete. We had too much speed on defense and used our field position well. Whitwell had a decent punter but he did shank a couple that gave the pioneers the ball around the 50 yard line.

The East Ridge players were fired up for this one especially. Whitwell has a lot of our coaches that were on the undefeated regular season team a few years back. I think our kids wanted to prove something... and to me they did.

Last year 

Polk County 20 East Ridge 0

Whitwell 49 Polk County 25

• Like 1

I hate to do this to you but this post is so ignorant I am forced to. 

1. 2018 Whitwell Tigers were the best team in Chattanooga between Class 1A and 4A. They would have mercy ruled ER last year or this year. 

2. East Ridge would not have finished in the top 5 of 1A the past four years. maybe not even top 10. 

3. Whitwell Finished 33 in the state all classifications. East Ridge 225. East Ridge lost to Signal Mountain. A team Whitwell pulled starters out in the 3rd on a way to an easy 42-10 win. You also lost to Polk County, another team Whitwell mercy ruled. Whitwell also beat Trousdale who destroyed Tyner, who we all know would have ran East Ridge off the field. 

4. Your bias and ignorance is staggering. Its clear you do not know high school football. Sorry that it sounds harsh but this is a very stupid post with nothing to even remotely back it up. 

5. The only thing you said that is accurate is how down Whitwell is this year. Don't get that confused for last years team because it is night and day difference. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I hate to do this to you but this post is so ignorant I am forced to. 

1. 2018 Whitwell Tigers were the best team in Chattanooga between Class 1A and 4A. They would have mercy ruled ER last year or this year. 

2. East Ridge would not have finished in the top 5 of 1A the past four years. maybe not even top 10. 

3. Whitwell Finished 33 in the state all classifications. East Ridge 225. East Ridge lost to Signal Mountain. A team Whitwell pulled starters out in the 3rd on a way to an easy 42-10 win. You also lost to Polk County, another team Whitwell mercy ruled. Whitwell also beat Trousdale who destroyed Tyner, who we all know would have ran East Ridge off the field. 

4. Your bias and ignorance is staggering. Its clear you do not know high school football. Sorry that it sounds harsh but this is a very stupid post with nothing to even remotely back it up. 

5. The only thing you said that is accurate is how down Whitwell is this year. Don't get that confused for last years team because it is night and day difference. 

Plus 1