Whitwell @ East Ridge Wed and @ Bledsoe on Sat

rlh

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with everything said above from Spartan except the part about Whitwell being down. Whitwell is actually not “down.” Last year they were just “up.” I believe this season is more along the lines of an above average Whitwell team. 

I’ve only watched them play the last two years 2017/2018 so this feels down to me but yes you are correct. 

6 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I’ve only watched them play the last two years 2017/2018 so this feels down to me but yes you are correct. 

It is what it is. I told some of these whitwell yahoos on here in 2017 they had a two year window and then it would be back to reality. I will admit though, I didn’t think they would get beat like they did by East Ridge. I figured that wouldn’t come until later in the season for them. 

2 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

I hate to do this to you but this post is so ignorant I am forced to. 

1. 2018 Whitwell Tigers were the best team in Chattanooga between Class 1A and 4A. They would have mercy ruled ER last year or this year. 

2. East Ridge would not have finished in the top 5 of 1A the past four years. maybe not even top 10. 

3. Whitwell Finished 33 in the state all classifications. East Ridge 225. East Ridge lost to Signal Mountain. A team Whitwell pulled starters out in the 3rd on a way to an easy 42-10 win. You also lost to Polk County, another team Whitwell mercy ruled. Whitwell also beat Trousdale who destroyed Tyner, who we all know would have ran East Ridge off the field. 

4. Your bias and ignorance is staggering. Its clear you do not know high school football. Sorry that it sounds harsh but this is a very stupid post with nothing to even remotely back it up. 

5. The only thing you said that is accurate is how down Whitwell is this year. Don't get that confused for last years team because it is night and day difference. 

On your first point Tyner and Red Bank would like to have a word with you. I will concede that last year the Tigers would have won. But I guarantee you that the 2018 Tigers would not beat the 2016 or 2017 version of the Pioneers back then they had Moore at RB.

Your second point is invalid because East Ridge went undefeated in the regular season in 2016, and was pretty darn good in 2017. 1 A football is the smallest level of football in the state. Not only would ER dominate if they played at that level, but any school in 4 A would dominate. There is a reason that the same 3 or 4 teams win championships in 1A all the time. There just is not that much competition.

On your third point you are jumping to conclusions and not factoring in many other aspect that go into a season.. You cannot look a schedule and say ,"well we beat so and so... who beat this other team... who beat the best team in the city...therefore we are the best team in the city." I think it is awesome that Whitwell won state and went undefeated last season. But as I said above, Red Bank and Tyner would have probably beaten them. 

On your fourth point I might be ignorant and biased... but Im just calling balls and strikes based upon the facts. When you play lookout valley , copper basin, and sale creek every year you gotta do a little more to impress me. 

5 minutes ago, My12thAcct said:

On your first point Tyner and Red Bank would like to have a word with you. I will concede that last year the Tigers would have won. But I guarantee you that the 2018 Tigers would not beat the 2016 or 2017 version of the Pioneers back then they had Moore at RB.

Your second point is invalid because East Ridge went undefeated in the regular season in 2016, and was pretty darn good in 2017. 1 A football is the smallest level of football in the state. Not only would ER dominate if they played at that level, but any school in 4 A would dominate. There is a reason that the same 3 or 4 teams win championships in 1A all the time. There just is not that much competition.

On your third point you are jumping to conclusions and not factoring in many other aspect that go into a season.. You cannot look a schedule and say ,"well we beat so and so... who beat this other team... who beat the best team in the city...therefore we are the best team in the city." I think it is awesome that Whitwell won state and went undefeated last season. But as I said above, Red Bank and Tyner would have probably beaten them. 

On your fourth point I might be ignorant and biased... but Im just calling balls and strikes based upon the facts. When you play lookout valley , copper basin, and sale creek every year you gotta do a little more to impress me. 

Second point he made is valid. 2016 you would have been mercy ruled in 1A game by Dresden. 2017 you would not have got past Greenback with Mr Gilbert. 

13 minutes ago, My12thAcct said:

You need to see more football. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, My12thAcct said:

How can you say Red Bank and Tyner would have beat Whitwell when the only comparison we have in common opponents Whitwell wins. Red Bank barley squeaked by Signal. A team Whitwell pulled starters against and callled odd the dogs. Then Whitwell beat trousdale. The same trousdale team that mercy ruled Tyner. Sure we don’t know for sure because of matchups but if anyone would get the benefit of the doubt it obviously would be Whitwell for the above said reasons. 

Look im a Division 2 guy. And both of my favorite schools would mop the floor with ER every single year. 

ER doesn’t exactly have a tough schedule either. In fact it’s a pretty weak region (outside of Anderson County) that  pretty much never makes it past the second round of the playoffs if that.  

Once again you’re proving you don’t know HS football or your bias is getting the best of you. South Pitt year In and year out is better than every team in East Ridges Chattanooga region. You guys dont play anyone either! Haha. 

Whitwell beat four teams that would have mercy ruled ER last year and at least two more that would have beat them  

I can’t believe someone from ER is pounding their chest right now. Outside of 2016 no one has ever been impressed by ER football.

ER is not good this year either. Whitwell was just that bad last night.