Gibson County @ Westview

GCPioneer

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Well that offense you can do 3 things each play. QB can keep it, QB can hand it off, or QB can throw it. It’s all based on what the Defense gives him. It’s all a pre snap and post snap read by the QB. You have to be able have guys in the box to defend run and also cover the pass. It’s unlike anything most have seen. 

And with a good QB like they are supposed to have most can’t stop it.

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Well that offense you can do 3 things each play. QB can keep it, QB can hand it off, or QB can throw it. It’s all based on what the Defense gives him. It’s all a pre snap and post snap read by the QB. You have to be able have guys in the box to defend run and also cover the pass. It’s unlike anything most have seen. 

If I’m not mistaken the defensive coordinator they have worked under Ricky woods Peabody’s old coach. He ran an offense that was similar to what McConnell does. Run and gun hurry up offense.  The coordinator will know how to stop it but I don’t think gc will have the players to stop it. 

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

If I’m not mistaken the defensive coordinator they have worked under Ricky woods Peabody’s old coach. He ran an offense that was similar to what McConnell does. Run and gun hurry up offense.  The coordinator will know how to stop it but I don’t think gc will have the players to stop it. 

Who is it the guy you’re talking about that worked under Woods

11 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Who is it the guy you’re talking about that worked under Woods

I think it was prior to him being at Peabody. I’m pretty sure Jacobs was defensive coordinator while he was at peabody.  Someone told me his name but I can’t remember 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, BigEdMo said:

GC is 1-0. Watch out 2A. They are set to beat everyone down. I bet 100.00 Peabody puts a beat down on GC this year. 

They're going to have to score more than 10 to do that.  Peabody had 1st & Goal from the 1/2 yard line in last year's game trailing 14-10 and they got stuffed on 4 consecutive downs. 

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

They're going to have to score more than 10 to do that.  Peabody had 1st & Goal from the 1/2 yard line in last year's game trailing 14-10 and they got stuffed on 4 consecutive downs. 

You are absolutely correct about last years observation. My bet is for this year. Let’s stop living in the past. We all know it was an overlook by Peabody. They paid for it in that game. This year though Peabody will not overlook and will be playing ticked off. At themselves for the let down. Won’t be the same this year. Even if Peabody looses the rest of their games this year. They will beat down GC.  It is a pride thing for a state championship team. But good point though. 

5 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

You are absolutely correct about last years observation. My bet is for this year. Let’s stop living in the past. We all know it was an overlook by Peabody. They paid for it in that game. This year though Peabody will not overlook and will be playing ticked off. At themselves for the let down. Won’t be the same this year. Even if Peabody looses the rest of their games this year. They will beat down GC.  It is a pride thing for a state championship team. But good point though. 

Coach Finley is a great friend of mine and I was very happy for him to return to his alma mater and win several big games last year against the likes of Peabody, West Carroll, Adamsville, and McKenzie just to list a few.  Every Friday night one of the first things I do is check in to see how the Pioneers have fared.  I watched, and called, countless games on the airwaves at Cheatham County while he was leading the Cubs football program.  Those were some great years that resulted in several playoff berths and a handful of playoff victories.  He is changing the culture of football at GCHS just as he did at CCCHS.  I not only believe that Gibson County will once again reach the playoffs but I believe they'll win a state playoff game this November.  

14 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Coach Finley is a great friend of mine and I was very happy for him to return to his alma mater and win several big games last year against the likes of Peabody, West Carroll, Adamsville, and McKenzie just to list a few.  Every Friday night one of the first things I do is check in to see how the Pioneers have fared.  I watched, and called, countless games on the airwaves at Cheatham County while he was leading the Cubs football program.  Those were some great years that resulted in several playoff berths and a handful of playoff victories.  He is changing the culture of football at GCHS just as he did at CCCHS.  I not only believe that Gibson County will once again reach the playoffs but I believe they'll win a state playoff game this November.  

Man don’t get me wrong. I agree with what you say about the coach. My comments are strictly to the coach T pioneers that put the cart before the horse just because they beat Peabody last year. My opinion is strictly for the rematch. As far as playoff win. It will only happen if they finish first or second in the region this year. Just my opinion but that doesn’t carry any weight. 

5 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Gibson County has a legitimate shot to finish second in that region this year. No way do I think they will beat Peabody. They have a good chance of beating Union City, McKenzie, and Adamsville. They will beat Halls. Personally I think they finish 3rd behind Union City.

That’s about the way I see It. They are still the state champs from last year because they beat Peabody and held them to 10 points. They fail to remember they gave up 30 plus each game the next 2 weeks. 

18 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

That’s about the way I see It. They are still the state champs from last year because they beat Peabody and held them to 10 points. They fail to remember they gave up 30 plus each game the next 2 weeks. 

I’ve yet to see a GC person mention a thing about being state champs or anything near.   Did GC celebrate?  Absolutely.  And deserved to.  Did some go to far for one game? probably so.  And you also probably fail to realize they lost 2 linebackers to injury for the season against Peabody.  Which had a lot to do with that.