Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

19 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Do you guys not have a running back that gets the ball ? 

We do have a running back #34 Will Meadows. Hes a good back. First game our O-line was having issues and we had penetration through the line nearly every play so by the time we would hand it off it would be a negative play. If you haven't seen the highlight video you can see it there. Our qb made ALOT of positive plays out of busted assignments. It was corrected for Greenback they just had a good run defense similar to ours I'd say. Alot of our plays are qb designed run plays. I mean since a freshman hes 37-4 using current system. It obviously works.

7 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Skipped local games to watch this epic battle.

Here are my observations:

> Why would the GB fans think 23 is the eighth wonder of the world and single handedly holds the success or failure of the team in his palms? Their are a bevy of talented receivers on the roster and the qb did a great job of spreading it around. When the pressure to throw to 23 overcame him and he threw into double coverage it spelled trouble. Big plays are great but moving the ball and not turning it over is the key to victory. 

> Run Game... There will be NO run game until the Oline learns to run BLOCK. You could have Hershel Walker back there but no push equals no yards on the ground. Pass Block/Blitz Pick Up way better now.

> Defense... Solid. Why no spy was assigned to Meigs QB  is an absolute mystery. I would have put a man one on one with him EVERY play to shadow him and instructed him if he checks out of the game to go take a deuce YOU be right there and hand him the toilet paper.

Conditioning.... Fourteen players laying it all on the line going both ways on a summer night will get tired. Tired or not they played to win and never quit. It cracks me up to read the conditioning comments laid out by fat old men and obese mommies that pay to have their yard mowed, their cars washed, their houses painted, their dogs walked etc and before the game their biggest concern is where they will ingest the 2800 calorie meal before the game.

GB Faithful should be PROUD of the effort the team showed and quit being spoiled babies. They wouldn't be satisfied if their dogs dropped solid gold turds in the backyard.

And this is why you’re a William Blount fan!! Have a great day. 

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We do have a running back #34 Will Meadows. Hes a good back. First game our O-line was having issues and we had penetration through the line nearly every play so by the time we would hand it off it would be a negative play. If you haven't seen the highlight video you can see it there. Our qb made ALOT of positive plays out of busted assignments. It was corrected for Greenback they just had a good run defense similar to ours I'd say. Alot of our plays are qb designed run plays. I mean since a freshman hes 37-4 using current system. It obviously works.

I wasn’t doubting meigs. I was just curious why you guys ran him so much. I’ve only seen clips. I would have loved to watch the game last night but no way with work and how far it is away.  

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I wasn’t doubting meigs. I was just curious why you guys ran him so much. I’ve only seen clips. I would have loved to watch the game last night but no way with work and how far it is 

Its np man just explaining. We normally barely use the qb like this honestly. Now when it comes to highly contested games we do. First one was highly contested because Sweetwater was an improved team from last year, and we had issues that made it very difficult to manage getting the ball off without being hurried. Greenbacknwas just a really good team. That's normally how we play those type games. Our Trousdale game last year is a good example.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Its np man just explaining. We normally barely use the qb like this honestly. Now when it comes to highly contested games we do. First one was highly contested because Sweetwater was an improved team from last year, and we had issues that made it very difficult to manage getting the ball off without being hurried. Greenbacknwas just a really good team. That's normally how we play those type games. Our Trousdale game last year is a good example.

I gotcha are of games available to watch online ? 

Guest Vandyfan2
4 hours ago, RunnerUp said:

Swafford is a running back that also throws the ball pretty well.

Idk what that response is suppose to mean. The young man is good but you can’t tell me Greenback didn’t have him hurting m. I seen it with my own eyes. He was ready for the game to be over with. Without him Meigs wouldn’t have won. The young man can BALL.

2 minutes ago, Vandyfan2 said:

Idk what that response is suppose to mean. The young man is good but you can’t tell me Greenback didn’t have him hurting m. I seen it with my own eyes. He was ready for the game to be over with. Without him Meigs wouldn’t have won. The young man can BALL.

Yeah Swafford IS Meigs!If he goes down they should still be the team to beat up here with Oneida knocking on their back door but when they play a team like GB,SP,TC or Tyner it would be bad.His second effort kept drives alive.