YAI @ Oneida

crow

4 minutes ago, dragonrider said:

Upperman is beatable.  They are not near as good as they think they are.  Cookeville outgained them and if they had any kind of kicking game would have beat them.  Upperman lost their RB who had 2400 yds rushing and 40+ td's last year.  

Thats a big loss for sure. I thought they had a very productive passing game? I like our chances against most running games, a pass attack will definitely be tougher for us to defend. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crow said:

Oneida and YAI have now played 39 times with oneida leading the series 21-18. Pretty close series, probably even call it a rivalry at this point. 

I got to call you out on this one Crow.  Oneida doesn't schedule York unless they think they can beat them.  It is not a big rivalry.  Example,  Lambert told Wright he wouldn't play them this year unless York would come back to Oneida and York couldn't get any games and agreed.  Livingston and Smith will always be York's only real rivalry's on their schedule.

Just now, dragonrider said:

I got to call you out on this one Crow.  Oneida doesn't schedule York unless they think they can beat them.  It is not a big rivalry.  Example,  Lambert told Wright he wouldn't play them this year unless York would come back to Oneida and York couldn't get any games and agreed.  Livingston and Smith will always be York's only real rivalry's on their schedule.

Yeah that's the reason. Never mind YAI has won the last 6 straight and Oneida had to have a home game and YAI had to have an away game. Not your best post rider. 

Just now, crow said:

Yeah that's the reason. Never mind YAI has won the last 6 straight and Oneida had to have a home game and YAI had to have an away game. Not your best post rider. 

Livingston had to agree to play at York this year (on back to back years for the first time ever) so York could have 5 home and 5 away

Just now, dragonrider said:

Livingston had to agree to play at York this year (on back to back years for the first time ever) so York could have 5 home and 5 away

Ok you're right. We're scared of the mighty dragons. Does that take the sting out of last night? C'mon man, sometimes we get y'all and sometimes y'all get us. Being scared of quality teams must be why we scheduled yall, Greenback, Upperman and coalfield along with OS on top of Meigs and rockwood lol. Schedules work out weird sometimes. 

Just now, crow said:

Ok you're right. We're scared of the mighty dragons. Does that take the sting out of last night? C'mon man, sometimes we get y'all and sometimes y'all get us. Being scared of quality teams must be why we scheduled yall, Greenback, Upperman and coalfield along with OS on top of Meigs and rockwood lol. Schedules work out weird sometimes. 

Not saying you're scared. I just know York was scrambling to get games this year even though they were going to be down.  

8 minutes ago, dragonrider said:

Not saying you're scared. I just know York was scrambling to get games this year even though they were going to be down.  

I get that but we scheduled them last year which was one of the best teams in Yorks football history. The last 6 games y'all waxed us and we kept coming back. A 39 game series is almost even overall. I guess what I'm saying is your "call out" on us only scheduling YAI when we think we can beat them is without merit. The facts simply do not support your claim. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

I get that but we scheduled them last year which was one of the best teams in Yorks football history. The last 6 seasons y'all waxed us and we kept coming back. A 39 game series is almost even overall. I guess what I'm saying is your "call out" on us only scheduling YAI when we think we can beat them is without merit. The facts simply do not support your claim. 

I didn't want to reply, but I couldn't stop myself :lol: Please, don't argue with me about York football history :roll:.  I wouldn't even begin to try an tell you which Oneida team is best because I have no idea.  Last year's York team wouldn't even qualify for the top 10 York teams ever.   64, 67, 68, 72, 78. 79, 80, 82, 87. 92, 07, 09, and even 17 was better than 18.  

14 minutes ago, dragonrider said:

I didn't want to reply, but I couldn't stop myself :lol: Please, don't argue with me about York football history :roll:.  I wouldn't even begin to try an tell you which Oneida team is best because I have no idea.  Last year's York team wouldn't even qualify for the top 10 York teams ever.   64, 67, 68, 72, 78. 79, 80, 82, 87. 92, 07, 09, and even 17 was better than 18.  

Not arguing anything about that. I was repeating what the dragon faithful were spewing on here all last year. I'm glad there is finally a YAI poster that has a little knowledge around here. I am certainly no dragon football historian so I will defer to you on the topic but your fan base sure thought the 18 squad were cream of the crop. I've not been around since the 60s but I've been around for a while myself. Good effort last night by your dragons and 18 is a ball player on D. Not the biggest or the fastest but he's a player and he goes all out every snap. You're probably close to the team or to someone that is. Please tell him he has my admiration and respect for how he plays the game. That isn't worth much I'll grant you but it's hard to get none the less. 

Edited by crow