Oak Ridge ( 0 - 1 ) at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett ( 1 - 0 )

Just for my Linemen friends...

Here is D-B's Starting OL stats:

# 57   Jr  6-1    235

#75    Jr   6-2    260

#60  Jr    6-2     230

#70   Jr    6-0    220

#51  Sr   5-8    214 .....bet this guy is a nasty, rugged, tough as nails

To get more info go to unapproved website.com    Search Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett   Click on Roster link on the left side

38 minutes ago, IndiansForLife said:

Is there any full game film of Oak Ridge vs. HV?

Not that I can find and pretty sure there isn't one. Hardin Valley usually streams their games on diamondclearmedia BUT since the game was at Oak Ridge, it was denied to stream the game due to Oak Ridge's no streaming games policy. Now, I never knew OR had such a rule since I have seen home games streamed and on TV in the past. Maybe someone can explain why the game wasn't streamed.

If I find the HVA vs OR game online I will let you know.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Not that I can find and pretty sure there isn't one. Hardin Valley usually streams their games on diamondclearmedia BUT since the game was at Oak Ridge, it was denied to stream the game due to Oak Ridge's no streaming games policy. Now, I never knew OR had such a rule since I have seen home games streamed and on TV in the past. Maybe someone can explain why the game wasn't streamed.

If I find the HVA vs OR game online I will let you know.

Be nice to know what other schools have that policy. I knew that D-B was unfriendly to streaming but didn't know Oak Ridge was. I guess what happens in Oak Ridge must stay in Oak Ridge.

10 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What the hay! Just for that, I am picking C. A. K. 24    Clinton 14. 

How do you like them apples?  :thumb:     J/k. .... Dragons 21   C. A. K. 17

I just feel like DB has more speed and a bigger more experienced line. I hope OR proves me wrong and pulls out a win! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2019 at 1:17 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Time to renew a long standing Rivalry between the Wildcats and Indians. DB is the winningest football team in Tennessee but Oak Ridge leads in the series.

To get this week off to an interesting start, I found a  7 minute YouTube video of Kingsport vs Knoxville High School from OCTOBER 26, 1945! Very very cool. I guess back in 1945 there was a Knoxville High School. The audio heard on the video is actually from a Pep Rally D-B had in the 1960's. Go to YouTube and search " 1945 Dobyns-Bennett Football. "

I came across this gem while looking for a video of last week's Kingsport win over Tennessee High. Maybe a Indian fan can find a game film for us to watch. Oh, I saw a video clip of the Wildcats coming down the Steps. We are small but that just makes them UnderCats and who doesn't love cheering for an UnderCat? RWR, You Got This!

Yes Willie there was a Knoxville High back in 1945 and they also played Oak Ridge that year. They played until 1951 and new schools Knox East, Knox South, Knox West and Fulton replaced it in 1952.

Scan-004.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

51 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Have to say that the biggest O-line I ever seen was at OR in 2008.Looked like the dang QB went 240 pounds behind them.I'll go with DB in this game but they do have a spot or two that needs work before the season ends.24-17 DB

Irby (I think was the QB's name that year) and yes, he looked like a FB playing QB.

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Yes Willie there was a Knoxville High back in 1945 and they also played Oak Ridge that year. They played until 1951 and new schools Knox East, Knox South, Knox West and Fulton replaced it in 1952.

Thanks Barney! I guess Knoxville East is part of Austin East and Knoxville South is part of South Doyle now.

Back in the late 1970s / early 1980s  Knoxville Doyle's cheerleaders outfits were identical to those worn by Burger King workers. I'd walk by them at Oak Ridge basketball games and order Whoppers with cheese. I was never very funny.