Oak Ridge ( 0 - 1 ) at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett ( 1 - 0 )

Time to renew a long standing Rivalry between the Wildcats and Indians. DB is the winningest football team in Tennessee but Oak Ridge leads in the series.

To get this week off to an interesting start, I found a  7 minute YouTube video of Kingsport vs Knoxville High School from OCTOBER 26, 1945! Very very cool. I guess back in 1945 there was a Knoxville High School. The audio heard on the video is actually from a Pep Rally D-B had in the 1960's. Go to YouTube and search " 1945 Dobyns-Bennett Football. "

I came across this gem while looking for a video of last week's Kingsport win over Tennessee High. Maybe a Indian fan can find a game film for us to watch. Oh, I saw a video clip of the Wildcats coming down the Steps. We are small but that just makes them UnderCats and who doesn't love cheering for an UnderCat? RWR, You Got This!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Time to renew a long standing Rivalry between the Wildcats and Indians. DB is the winningest football team in Tennessee but Oak Ridge leads in the series.

To get this week off to an interesting start, I found a  7 minute YouTube video of Kingsport vs Knoxville High School from OCTOBER 26, 1945! Very very cool. I guess back in 1945 there was a Knoxville High School. The audio heard on the video is actually from a Pep Rally D-B had in the 1960's. Go to YouTube and search " 1945 Dobyns-Bennett Football. "

I came across this gem while looking for a video of last week's Kingsport win over Tennessee High. Maybe a Indian fan can find a game film for us to watch. Oh, I saw a video clip of the Wildcats coming down the Steps. We are small but that just makes them UnderCats and who doesn't love cheering for an UnderCat? RWR, You Got This!

Correction

Maryville is the winningest Team in Tn

47 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Word on the street is that pre-season DB was underrated and OR was overrated.     DB by 10

If the OR staff can't come up with a way to move the ball and score on offense, I'll agree with your prediction. If DB is both big AND fast, it won't matter what the staff does. I just hope OR can keep it close and find a way to win.

2 minutes ago, bonkers said:

If the OR staff can't come up with a way to move the ball and score on offense, I'll agree with your prediction. If DB is both big AND fast, it won't matter what the staff does. I just hope OR can keep it close and find a way to win.

I don't think DB is much better than last years 4-6 team. Hard to judge from the TH game because the Vikings aren't very good this year. The team size and speed is pretty much average. The secondary is embarrassing, as usual. I think it'll be close and could go either way but I'd give the odds to Oak Ridge. 

OR - 28

DB - 17

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think DB is much better than last years 4-6 team. Hard to judge from the TH game because the Vikings aren't very good this year. The team size and speed is pretty much average. The secondary is embarrassing, as usual. I think it'll be close and could go either way but I'd give the odds to Oak Ridge. 

OR - 28

DB - 17

I'm sure you've been reading about OR and it isn't an exaggeration when I say we are small as usual but this is the slowest and most unathletic OR team I've ever seen.  I love your score and I hope you're right

18 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I'm sure you've been reading about OR and it isn't an exaggeration when I say we are small as usual but this is the slowest and most unathletic OR team I've ever seen.  I love your score and I hope you're right

I hope I'm wrong but DB is going to have to beat a good team before I jump on the optimistic band wagon. Everybody in Kingsport thinks DB is back but I don't see it.  So they looked good in a scrimmage against Greeneville (no where near the team they've had the past two years) and a win over Tennessee High (not a good team at all). DB has a good line on both sides of the ball, the secondary is terrible which is a DB tradition. Amazing that in 30+ years they haven't found anyone that knows how to coach defensive backs. The only pass defensive DB has is the pass rush. If the OR line gives your QB a little time then all it is is throw, catch, and score. Also DB is pretty much using their #3 & #4 running backs. Out of the top 2 one was kicked out of school and the other transferred before the season. The #3 & #4 did do a pretty good job Friday night though. But again, Tennessee High is not a very good team.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I hope I'm wrong but DB is going to have to beat a good team before I jump on the optimistic band wagon. Everybody in Kingsport thinks DB is back but I don't see it.  So they looked good in a scrimmage against Greeneville (no where near the team they've had the past two years) and a win over Tennessee High (not a good team at all). DB has a good line on both sides of the ball, the secondary is terrible which is a DB tradition. Amazing that in 30+ years they haven't found anyone that knows how to coach defensive backs. The only pass defensive DB has is the pass rush. If the OR line gives your QB a little time then all it is is throw, catch, and score. Also DB is pretty much using their #3 & #4 running backs. Out of the top 2 one was kicked out of school and the other transferred before the season. The #3 & #4 did do a pretty good job Friday night though. But again, Tennessee High is not a very good team.

We both sound pretty pessimistic about our team. If your team has much speed then OR is in trouble. If not, the defense might keep it close.