5A & 6A AP Poll

11 hours ago, ADS1 said:

I'm looking at things as an outsider... How is Gallatin not the #1 team in 5A?  Their defense appears to be #1 by a mile.  Wonder why they are not getting the respect?  Is Beech that much better than Gallatin?  - Pardon my ignorance concerning middle Tennessee football.  

We are just lying here in the bushes....nothing to see here at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I didn't follow any of that. Probably just opposing fans or some bitter/jaded former coach. Happens all the time on here.  

Almost everything that was said has been proven false.  

Gallatin has a good team this year and we may not win but 1 of the next 3 but I like our chances in all of them.  This is not the same Gallatin as the last 10 years!! 

12 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Usually as in, should be a win. Not worded right. Not that they play annually. Haywood is consistently a 3-5 loss team. Coaching might be the problem there? Not sure.

Haywood's D-line flat out whipped HC.

I will say though, Haywood is the last kind of team you wanna face in week 1. They beat us pretty much on raw athleticism. That game probably looks quite a bit different in week 3 or 4.   

38 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin has a good team this year and we may not win but 1 of the next 3 but I like our chances in all of them.  This is not the same Gallatin as the last 10 years!! 

'09 & '11 Were very good football teams that fell victim to rematches in the playoffs to teams they had already previously beaten in regular season. Rematch redemption is a very real thing. 

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

'09 & '11 Were very good football teams that fell victim to rematches in the playoffs to teams they had already previously beaten in regular season. Rematch redemption is a very real thing. 

Absolutely it is.  Coach Short used to say, “ It is very difficult to beat a good team twice”.   I remember both of those years well.  

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin has always been a good team. Problem there has never been the athletes. This is the 1st year in a long time they have believed they were good. 
I am a Gallatin believer, two things in High School football make you a winner. Coaching and Believing you are the best. 
GWAVE1, these polls don't mean crap. Strictly for the fans. Gallatin has everyone’s attention.