Battle of the Bridge Loudon vs Lenoir City

Redskin15

I expected Loudon to really lay it on Lenior City tonight. Turned out to be very interesting after the LC player caught the one handed catch for a TD. My only comment about the last touchdown is that I've seen some good players get hurt in that part of a game where they may have been better off on the sidelines watching the 4th quarter mopup squad finish it off. I seen a player for Maryville in the early eighties get hurt against Alcoa in a run away contest that most likely cost them the state that year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I expected Loudon to really lay it on Lenior City tonight. Turned out to be very interesting after the LC player caught the one handed catch for a TD. My only comment about the last touchdown is that I've seen some good players get hurt in that part of a game where they may have been better off on the sidelines watching the 4th quarter mopup squad finish it off. I seen a player for Maryville in the early eighties get hurt against Alcoa in a run away contest that most likely cost them the state that year.

That was truly unfortunate for Maryville because back then I am sure he was a true born and bred Maryville kid. You all Maryville guys have surely gave us a great lesson to think on tonight and I am sure Coach will take your comments to heart. Good luck to you guys, go East Tennessee teams this season and get that bluecross bowl trophy.

7 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

That was truly unfortunate for Maryville because back then I am sure he was a true born and bred Maryville kid. You all Maryville guys have surely gave us a great lesson to think on tonight and I am sure Coach will take your comments to heart. Good luck to you guys, go East Tennessee teams this season and get that bluecross bowl trophy.

Loudon and Maryville had some real good games back in the day and that was when we had 3 classes and only a handful of teams went to the playoffs. Had someone told anyone back then Loudon would even be playing Greenback on their schedule in the future they would have locked you up for being a public spectacle. How things have changed. Maryville Schools has grown to three times plus since I was there and I sadly miss the good ole day's. Also want to say all of us Old Timers will sadly miss Bert Ratledge who in my opinion was the icon for Loudon Football. You can't think of Loudon Football without thinking of Bert Ratledge.

9 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

Just post through it. Keep posting. Let it all out. Maybe get on twitter dot com and let it out to a wider audience. Seriously, all kidding aside, I hate that your are having to go through this.

Edited by Red Rebels

Loudon's Offense looked bad last night. Didn't do the little things right. LC played hard but had no business being within 14 points at the end. I also didn't understand the no huddle at the end of the game with 2 minutes left. Run the ball, chew clock and finish the game. I would've felt better if they were able to run the ball in at the end instead of throwing it. At the end of the day, a win is a win and nobody got hurt at the end.