Mount Juliet @ Lebanon

thegreatone36

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Big region game this Friday night against two very good teams. I tend to say MJ a little more so though because they have been the class of Wilson County for a decade. 

Thoughts on this one?

Mt. Juliet. They've had 2 weeks to prepare and given how their game went in Week 1, they're gonna come out with a purpose

Not sure what to make of MJ yet, of course I was underwhelmed with their week 1 performance. They looked ok in preseason, but our QB draws many concerns from me, from his size and to his overall athleticism. We have a top 10 WR in the state that we need to get the ball! (Who also was banged up in the SC game) Our defense is nowhere near what it was the past two seasons, but with that being said that would be hard to maintain for anyone. As far as how we matchup with Lebanon..... I’m not sure, we could be a 6-4 type team or a 9-1 team for all I know. Lebanon’s jamboree against Cookeville gives me some confidence that we may be able to overpower them. I’m sure TP will have the boys ready, and coaching shouldn’t be an issue. One thing has to stop!!!! The inside the red zone turnovers!!! It cost us the SC game and nearly cost us the Beech jamboree. Go Bears. 

Does the 10 year streak continue or will Lebanon finally get one back and act like it’s the super bowl? We shall find out Friday night...

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

12 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

Obviously pulling for the Blue Devils but I’ll believe they beat MJ when I see it. Hopefully not as many mistakes as the Gallatin game. 

That is kinda where I'm at with it as well.

Mt. Juliet has won the last 10 meetings by a combined score of 405-106.

This game was a Mt. Juliet win 14-10 last year. But neither team is as good as they were last year. All the same I still expect a similar game this year.

From what it sounds both teams played sloppy (I know Lebanon did) in week 1 and lost to good football teams.

Its early in the season but its very possible that this is the region championship game. Station Camp isn't a factor. Rossview lost to Clarksville and barely beat Lavergne so they likely won't contend. Wilson Central is 2-0 but barely beat Overton last week and is unproven. Hendersonville will likely have a say.