Martin Westview @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

After seeing both teams this year I've got to go with Covington. Their defense is a shut-down defense. McConnell is going to get some points, but is going to give up a bunch of points. Covington is a very good football team. Westview I dont think is ready for a team like Covington at this point. I really like Westviews QB. Reminds me a little of Huntingdons QB. Maybe a better passer but not quite as fast. Great programs play great defense. Westview dont!

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

After seeing both teams this year I've got to go with Covington. Their defense is a shut-down defense. McConnell is going to get some points, but is going to give up a bunch of points. Covington is a very good football team. Westview I dont think is ready for a team like Covington at this point. I really like Westviews QB. Reminds me a little of Huntingdons QB. Maybe a better passer but not quite as fast. Great programs play great defense. Westview dont!

Fans over here in Mustang land really miss playing the Chargers. Man we've had some great games over the years. Always got your money's worth when Huntingdon and Westview played.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah, I wondered about Westview's defense when McNairy scored what, 49 points on them? Covington's defense is really playing lights-out this year. I believe we are a notch or two above where we were last year on that side of the ball, and that team took Alcoa down to the wire in the State Championship game.

I will pick Covington by 3 TD's also. I watched McNairy's game against Westview and McNairy's defense was awful!!! Missed 3 to 4 tackles a play on average I'm sure. 

If zcovington can hit and wrap up then it will be a long night for Westview. 

Westview defense is not good at all. McNairy RB ran down their throats all night when the coaches would give him the ball!!

2 hours ago, concernedbobcat said:

I will pick Covington by 3 TD's also. I watched McNairy's game against Westview and McNairy's defense was awful!!! Missed 3 to 4 tackles a play on average I'm sure. 

If zcovington can hit and wrap up then it will be a long night for Westview. 

Westview defense is not good at all. McNairy RB ran down their throats all night when the coaches would give him the ball!!

I assume that Westview is primarily a passing team, based on what I hear of their QB. Is that correct?

59 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I assume that Westview is primarily a passing team, based on what I hear of their QB. Is that correct?

They threw most of the night against McNairy but that's because we have trouble defending the pass and very very young in the secondary. We start multiple freshmen there. They do have a very good running back though. He can run the ball and is a receiver out of the backfield as well.

I don’t know much about Covington. I know they made it to state last year. I don’t know how many players they are returning. What I do know is that Westviews offense is tough to stop. If Covington has a bunch of athletes on the defensive side of the ball it could be trouble for Westview. Regardless, this game will be decided by the defense, who will get the most stops? I expect it to be a high scoring battle. Sounds like a battle of a great offense vs a great defense. Westview may have met their match or have they? Region Championship is on the line. 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

I don’t know much about Covington. I know they made it to state last year. I don’t know how many players they are returning. What I do know is that Westviews offense is tough to stop. If Covington has a bunch of athletes on the defensive side of the ball it could be trouble for Westview. Regardless, this game will be decided by the defense, who will get the most stops? I expect it to be a high scoring battle. Sounds like a battle of a great offense vs a great defense. Westview may have met their match or have they? Region Championship is on the line. 

Covington has made it to state the past 2 years. Not sure on exactly how many they have lost from last years team, but I know their best RB is only a junior this year and he is the real deal. They always have 2 or 3 guys who can take it to the house on any play. Their defense that I watched last week against Brighton is unbelievable. I have been able to see Covington play a handful of times over the past few years and this defense is by far the best that I have seen them have. 

I don't think Westview will be able to score enough points to win. Covington should score at will against that defense and I just don't see Westview putting up enough points to win. 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

I don’t know much about Covington. I know they made it to state last year. I don’t know how many players they are returning. What I do know is that Westviews offense is tough to stop. If Covington has a bunch of athletes on the defensive side of the ball it could be trouble for Westview. Regardless, this game will be decided by the defense, who will get the most stops? I expect it to be a high scoring battle. Sounds like a battle of a great offense vs a great defense. Westview may have met their match or have they? Region Championship is on the line

Huh? So what you are saying is that the winner of this contest is going to win the region?