Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

27 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

Lane was a no go because he’s not a certified teacher.... another lame 2a coach.. collette needs to be fired. I’m sick if the same crap over and over again. 

The last 2A coach had a great resume...  

16 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Y'all really know how to make the new guy feel welcomed!  LOL.......I've never seen anything quite like this. Hopefully he won't read this mess.

An honest evaluation of someone's previous record/resume, is more than fair, when they are expected to resurrect a 5A program in one of the toughest regions in the state.

12 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

The last 2A coach had a great resume...  

An honest evaluation of someone's previous record/resume, is more than fair, when they are expected to resurrect a 5A program in one of the toughest regions in the state.

As I said, Y'all really know how to make the new guy feel welcomed. I've always thought the best way to welcome a new coach on board was to publicly critique his resume, so you're right on target. I hope no one dares to say "Welcome to Clinton" or "Good Luck, Coach", that would be just awful ! Hey, I'm an OR guy with just a passing interest in what's going on with the new hire across the county, so it really doesn't bother me for y'all to make your new coach feel unwelcomed, but it's certainly a bit surprising.

3 minutes ago, bonkers said:

As I said, Y'all really know how to make the new guy feel welcomed. I've always thought the best way to welcome a new coach on board was to publicly critique his resume, so you're right on target. I hope no one dares to say "Welcome to Clinton" or "Good Luck, Coach", that would be just awful ! Hey, I'm an OR guy with just a passing interest in what's going on with the new hire across the county, so it really doesn't bother me for y'all to make your new coach feel unwelcomed, but it's certainly a bit surprising.

No different than Oak Ridge fans on coachT asking to fire their coach every day  and hire Centrals coach. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, Fballlife said:

This is part of the problem at Clinton and I hate being a part of a place that does this.  Dog a coach before he even starts why would someone good want to come coach there.  Lane would be the best hire for Clinton.  Rumor is AC doesn’t want him to get the job bc he is one heck of a recruiter and he is a players coach! Before you spread rumors call some high school coaches around and see what they say about him.  The great ones will tell you about Kevin Lane. He is a DC who can easily be a head coach. 

Lane did the same thing with West and other schools HC jobs he has applied for. He tells the administration he is working on his certification and that it is not a state rule or T$$AA rule that you have to be a certified teacher to be a head football coach in Tennessee. A certain school system might require an applicant to be a certified teacher, but T$$AA does not. Some coaches have gotten a waver from the state to be able to teach while they are getting certified. But l don't know if this is the case. I think the only real state requirement to be a HC of a high school football team is 5 years experience as an assistant and then pass all of the other T$$AA test on concussion/coaching ethics/something. They made these rule changes gradually over the years starting with assistant coaches in the various sports back in the mid 90s l think. These assistant coach positions were categorized as non faculty coaches. They have continued to decrease the requirements to be a head coach. Many other states had lessened the requirements of being a teaching faculty member  to be a head football coach many years ago.

14 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

I don't understand the misunderstanding on what offensive system the team in Kentucky this new coach ran. Seems like a big swing between wing t to shotgun to l formation to wishbone to pistol systems.

They were a power I/wishbone type team that ran the ball often. Maybe 90/10 run pass. Coach Keith did a really good job at a place with low expectations. Going to be a good challenge stepping up to 5A comp in TN

9 minutes ago, DLopez said:

They were a power I/wishbone type team that ran the ball often. Maybe 90/10 run pass. Coach Keith did a really good job at a place with low expectations. Going to be a good challenge stepping up to 5A comp in TN

5A football in Tennessee is a whole new level of football. Brad Collette needs to be fired asap and Caleb Tipton can go with him.

33 minutes ago, DLopez said:

The work ethic, integrity, and desire should be there with a military man.  Those are major positives, but the football side is much in question.  Nobody is against him doing well, but to say it doesn't make sense, in light of all the other candidates is absolutely accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonFan12 said:

No different than Oak Ridge fans on coachT asking to fire their coach every day  and hire Centrals coach. 

I agree that there are Uninformed fools on every thread but the difference in the two you compared is that the new coach just hired at YOUR school hasn’t done anything yet to make some fool mad. His honeymoon period seemed to end prior to his hiring