Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

17 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Beginning of the end if they hire this guy. Always had a great following at West. Made everyone think he made West what it was when Cummings was HC there. Hung around wanting the job even though he was not qualified in Knox county to be HC. Hung around West and West players even after he did not get the job and tried to submarine Harig while he was at West. I guess Clinton and this guy will be a good match. They hired Mckamey didn't they?

I’ve heard the guy has always been a good assistant coach but being a head coach is a lot different with more responsibilities. How will he be able to handle the Clinton fan base when things aren’t going good is the  big question . Also will the administration give him time to build a program.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Beginning of the end if they hire this guy. Always had a great following at West. Made everyone think he made West what it was when Cummings was HC there. Hung around wanting the job even though he was not qualified in Knox county to be HC. Hung around West and West players even after he did not get the job and tried to submarine Harig while he was at West. I guess Clinton and this guy will be a good match. They hired Mckamey didn't they?

Reveals a lot about one's character, how they handle disappointment or when things don't go their way.  This is not a good look, if it is true.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Beginning of the end?? We've won like 9 games in 5 years... Can it get much worse? Give the man a shot to run his own program. Judgement will come in three years.

2 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

Beginning of the end?? We've won like 9 games in 5 years... Can it get much worse? Give the man a shot to run his own program. Judgement will come in three years.

Well l heard Rang interviewed? Did he turn it down or did he not get offered. I would think he would be a better choice but just don't let him Procter any tests.

Just now, BigTime1950 said:

Well l heard Rang interviewed? Did he turn it down or did he not get offered. I would think he would be a better choice but just don't let him Procter any tests.

I have heard Rang interviewed and was offered, but apparently he's holding out for a better job that might possibly come open in the near future. 

26 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

So basically he will he fired in three years??? This is a solid 5-6 year rebuild. Randy made the program better so that will help whoever does get this job and make the rebuild easier. Question is will our community and the administration give him a shot to run his own program and rebuild it to make us at least competitive again.

5 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

So basically he will he fired in three years??? This is a solid 5-6 year rebuild. Randy made the program better so that will help whoever does get this job and make the rebuild easier. Question is will our community and the administration give him a shot to run his own program and rebuild it to make us at least competitive again.

I never said he would be fired in 3 years. I said you need to give him at least 3 years before you judge him as a coach. I made that comment while replying to a person who was dogging him without even letting him coach a game yet.