Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

4 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

I think leaving GP for Clinton would be a huge mistake. Clinton will never win in their region no matter who the coach is. We simply don't have the athletes to be successful right now. We will never be better than Oak Ridge, Fulton, Powell, and West. I am sorry but people in our town need to be realistic for once.

If he may have a better offer like HTV says then I'm sure the Clinton job wouldn't matter. I was thinking who that higher profile job might be but one would be in Knoxville and not sure Rang would go back there and the other two schools I'm thinking of are 5A schools.

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If he may have a better offer like HTV says then I'm sure the Clinton job wouldn't matter. I was thinking who that higher profile job might be but one would be in Knoxville and not sure Rang would go back there and the other two schools I'm thinking of are 5A schools.

I would have to think that he has a pretty good package deal setup at GP right now. Would be silly to leave Gatlinburg for Clinton.

14 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

I think leaving GP for Clinton would be a huge mistake. Clinton will never win in their region no matter who the coach is. We simply don't have the athletes to be successful right now. We will never be better than Oak Ridge, Fulton, Powell, and West. I am sorry but people in our town need to be realistic for once.

Yeah, I would be surprised if that were to happen.  Not saying it won't, but it would surprise me.  

Edit: And I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays at GP.  He likes that area. 

Edited by HTV

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Hmmmm.... wonder who that other high profile job is?.....Fulton perhaps? I’ve heard rumblings all year long that the Blacks were both retiring after this year. Just makes me wonder, as for Clinton I’m saying Ellison.

That will be a big time job if it opens up. I’d say a lot of coaches would be very interested in that one. Ellison is about as good as we can get in Clinton. I’ve lived here for over 50 years and I’ve never seen politics and our fan base as bad as it is right now.

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Hmmmm.... wonder who that other high profile job is?.....Fulton perhaps? I’ve heard rumblings all year long that the Blacks were both retiring after this year. Just makes me wonder, as for Clinton I’m saying Ellison.

I love solving football coaching mystrey's. Although these three places have coaches right now and who knows what ever is going on behind the scenes we don't know about but for the time I'll just mention 3 good fits for Rang to risk moving away from a good secure job. HVA .Sevier County and Oak Ridge. Doubt he would be back at a Knoxville school again but sooner or later the other two coaches have to be considering retirement.

Edited by BarneySox2007

26 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

That will be a big time job if it opens up. I’d say a lot of coaches would be very interested in that one. Ellison is about as good as we can get in Clinton. I’ve lived here for over 50 years and I’ve never seen politics and our fan base as bad as it is right now.

Doubtful that Derek will coach in Knox County again, given the way he was scapegoated the last time.